Anyone else love that tired, slightly achy feeling?

Did a long, slow run today. About 15km.
I'm also doing a November exercise challenge with a friend so we logged in and zoomed our daily workout. Today it was a kickboxing cardio class. (Should've checked what the session was before I decided on a run!).
Sitting here now after my shower feeling deliciously tired. Slight ache in my legs but not sore.
I'll stretch and roll before bed.
Just enjoying that tired feeling, knowing I've worked hard today.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    No, I don't like the tired achy feeling. I like feeling good, comfortable, happy, full of energy, content...etc. I do very much enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction that comes after, but it doesn't connect in my brain with the feeling of being tired. I see being tired as an unavoidable side effect which I'm used to so I don't pay much attention to. I've never been one to enjoy uncomfortable feelings. Although I am good at dealing with them when they're unavoidable, I don't intentionally seek them.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I do!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    Sure, I like that feeling too! Not exhaustion from having pushed to hard, but having worked hard enough.
    After long runs definitely. But I also strangely enjoy the 'weakness' in my muscles after strength training 😎
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I do--but usually I can't just sit after and relax. Right now, after swimming I feel that way, but have to make lunch for 4 and then cleanup before a little rest. My tail is draggin'.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    No. I often feel tired and achy regardless of exercise. After my workouts I might feel sore, but often feel energized, which is how I want to feel.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    I do! I’m feeling it right now. I get it after doing strength training or pilates. I just finished a kettlebell session.

It’s not a sore feeling, just feels like my muscles for a good workout. It’s also a very relaxing feeling.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    LOL, I've gotten to the age that I get tired and achy just getting out of bed! I figure if I'm achy whether or not I exercise I might as well keep working out!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    yes!!! it is the BEST!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    After reading this thread I realized that I miss that achy feeling I used to have after tough workouts. My workouts lately have been adequate but I don’t feel it the next day. Well today I decided to do a strength training workout instead of my usual walk/run. It was my first time strength training in many months and I think I might feel it tomorrow! 😃
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member

It’s not a sore feeling, just feels like my muscles for a good workout. It’s also a very relaxing feeling.

Yeah... it's nice to feel that you've worked hard, but not exhausted or sore. I like the kind of "heaviness" I get when I've had a good session...cardio, strength or both.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Update. 2 days after my strength training workout and my arms are killing me. I think I really overdid it. I was looking for a little ache and I got pain! 😆
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    Update. 2 days after my strength training workout and my arms are killing me. I think I really overdid it. I was looking for a little ache and I got pain! 😆

LOL, when you start working out it's always worse (and often the second day is worse too). If you're anything like me, you'll get less and less sore after workouts (but I kinda like the painful soreness too 🤪)