I messed up. Can I fix it?

Options
I was so on point with my calories today and I was totally fine. And then my wife suggested getting Dairy Queen over and over and I caved and ate like 1500 calories. Ahhhh

It’s like 6pm. Do you think I could just mark it as tomorrows meal and pretend like it never happened? And just eat a light dinner tomorrow to be at my calorie budget. Or does that not make sense?

Replies

• Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was so on point with my calories today and I was totally fine. And then my wife suggested getting Dairy Queen over and over and I caved and ate like 1500 calories. Ahhhh

It’s like 6pm. Do you think I could just mark it as tomorrows meal and pretend like it never happened? And just eat a light dinner tomorrow to be at my calorie budget. Or does that not make sense?
    Lose the wife, lose the weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    There is absolutely no reason or benefit in logging it for tomorrow. It just means you'll be extra hungry day after tomorrow, and more likely to go over then.

Log it, forget it, move on from it. Those days happen.

...and don't blame the wife Arc2arc. She made a suggestion, she didn't force him there at gunpoint and forcefeed him.

It was a joke.

Some people have a hard time with laughter. :)

Ok disagreeable people, give it all ya got.

i didnt even read the comments so i missed that LOL
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    What you eat in a single day will have very, very little impact in terms of your long-term results.

Whether you log it for that day, the next day, or 10 years later will have no impact. It's what you do averaged out over time that will dictate what happens to your body.

As everyone else has said, what's important is building sustainable habits, so establishing systems with your spouse where their eating doesn't have to negatively impact your eating. Having a plan for when you are faced with foods that trigger you to binge, and perhaps examining what's happening with your body and your mental state that is triggering binging behaviour.

You didn't mess up anything, you learned something about yourself. Instead of shaming yourself, try to learn from it and find kind, self supporting ways to better support the kind of eating behaviours you want to engage in.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Two approaches:
    1. Sometimes I focus on my weekly average calories more than daily goals. Traveling and eating large on the weekend? Okay, those calories are "spent", so I've got to be under goal for the next several days.

2. Ask, "what can I learn here?" Sometimes this is the harder but more valuable approach to my journey? Could I have found a kind way in that moment to say "no" - like "thanks- but let's plan to go on Thursday when I can budget for it"? Could I have said yes and made different choices so I wouldn't feel so guilty now? Was it the food or the companionship I was needing at that moment and could I have suggested a different way to meet my need for companionship?

Thinking through other choices and mentally practicing has helped me become more aware of how my thoughts affect my feelings that affect my actions, and has expanded my toolkit of ways to take care of myself without hurting the other person
  • Paul_Gelsthorpe
    Paul_Gelsthorpe Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Can always to a bit of exercise to offset it a little at least. That is what I am doing when I have a beer !