Training + Weight Vest

Options
Is there anyone out there that trains with a weight vest?

Just wanted to hear some different opinions and stories that people had about their experience with weight vest training. Thanks!
Selena

Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I have been considering buying one, but have not. I think it would be great for some types of training.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I bought a one size fits all kind of vest that adjusted up to 20 pounds. I was hoping for increased resistance when I did squats and such. However, with the workouts I was doing (Supreme 90) it shifted around a lot and felt awkward. With that workout you're up and down, and using a ball, etc. and it was really quite uncomfortable at times. It might work better if you were strictly doing lunges and squats or something of that sort where your upper half/torso wasn't moving much.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have an adjustable (2.5-30lbs I believe) one sized for women that I use on occasion. Keep in mind that they are large and bulky - I don't use it all during the summer because it's too hot to wear a shirt big enough to keep the vest from rubbing while I do any activity. It is also HOT. And I mean HOOOOOOOOT to wear. Super sweaty - you will stink and so will the vest.

Mostly, I use it during the cooler months to up the impact of all the dog walking that I do.