Need Advice, I am losing my mind!! Please help fellow human beings!!

Options
hb713
hb713 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hi! I am 6’2”. I weighed 240lbs 2 years ago, now at 199lbs. I still think I need to cut more, but I feel like I look so weak & small now. People are making comments already saying I looked better heavier. Original goal was to lose the belly fat then bulk. But I feel so small :( what do you suggest!?

jhjsjthkfsq1.jpeg
caftjog7rmop.jpeg

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to your original goal.

Being "small" or "large" esthetically is a matter of personal preference though. So if you and people around you like you better large, you may as well stay larger.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Well done with your weight loss! It's always good to lose belly fat,especially health wise.Ignore people who say you look better larger.Your arms look pretty toned to me.Maybe work on building muscle,do you do strength training at the gym ?
    It's all about being happy in the skin you're in 🙂
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Look into "recomp"---eating at maintenance and lifting to exchange fat for muscle.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    People say the weirdest sh1t when you change anything! (Especially some your peers. You have to wonder what is their motivation when they get in little or big digs.)

You have to keep a level head and decided what it is that YOU want. It's best to focus on capabilities rather than appearance. I would think that your weight is fine for your age and height. You could take up anything you put your mind to. What's your passion?
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! If anyone says anything except that, don't listen. Who knows why they felt the need to attempt to belittle you like that. They should be proud of you for taking the steps to improve your health. Just keep on doing what you are doing. There are a ton of posts on this site that gives advice on maintenance when you feel you are at that point. If you want a more muscled physique, there are posts for that too! Don't let them get into your head. You're doing great! Kudos!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    As someone who has lost a STUNNING amount of weight (230 pounds), one thing I have learned is people say things without... thinking.

Even though I have about 40 pounds to go to be in the middle of a normal 'healthy' weight range, I get comments of how 'tiny' I am. And how I am wasting away to nothing.

I'm not.

I mean, compared to what I USED to be, I am.

We bought a new house about 2 hours away a few years back, so I dont hear that as often now (no one here knows me as being obese), although since I started working on losing the rest of the weight this year and recently training for a spartan next spring, I am hearing it a bit more now. People MEAN well. In a small rural area, they MEAN it as a compliment (usually). It's their... weird way of making sure you're not ill. at least HERE. But when I go back to my old town (which I do frequently, as all of my medical care is there and a lot of my friends, obviously) and run into people, I get comments.

Really, all you can do is ignore them, and carry on doing your thing. Anyone who is in my circle knows I work with my Doctor and Trainer closely, am well cared for and monitored, and am vigilant regarding my physical and mental health. They know I'm not starving myself or doing anything in an unsafe manner. Those who know me REALLY well, also know my husband wouldnt allow me to do anything in an unsafe manner. Afterall, He is the one who funds the two gyms and the Trainer and all the activities...

Take it all with a grain of salt, say thanks for your concern, and that you are working with your Doctor, and leave it at that, and keep on doing what you are doing and working toward your goals, whatever they may be. Recomp is probably what you need to look into, and will probably give you the results you are looking for.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I was at an agility trial and a woman who hadn't seen me since I was 200 lbs walked up to me and told me I looked sick and I'd lost too much weight.

I weighed 128ish pounds.

Smack dab in the middle of healthy BMI for my weight.

I just turned around and walked away.

She wasn't trying to be mean. She was shocked and concerned. She was, however, absolutely not helpful and it was none of her business anyway. Also I had no ability to think of a response.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I think you look great tbh. And body recomp will help get the definition you may be looking for.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice and it looks like you've received a lot of support from the posts.
    However it could be good posting in the Gaining Weight and Body Building.
    They may have better advice and be able to tell you what to do to achieve the look you're going for. And some may have been where you are now.

Good luck!