Hi to all fitness pals

Options
Hello to everyone, my names dave and I'm finally making changes,started eating well and training hard,I'm fed up being the worst version of myself so any tips to stay on track with macros would be much appreciated. ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• shearer061080
    shearer061080 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone, my names dave and I'm finally making changes,started eating well and training hard,I'm fed up being the worst version of myself so any tips to stay on track with macros would be much appreciated. ๐Ÿ‘

It's better to try and fail than to never have tried.๐Ÿ’ช
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dave! If you're new to fitness and healthy eating my biggest piece of advice would be to take it slow, and remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint.
  • shearer061080
    Options
    Thanks for that ,your right it defo isn't a sprint I know its gonna take time,good job I enjoy it ,I appreciate your reply.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Calories for weight management, macros for health, satiation, etc.
    In that perspective, be assured that hitting your macros spot on systematically is not necessary, nor is any specific macro distribution universally 'perfect'. So take your time to figure out what works for you and how to tweak your food intake to fit.

For some perspective, this is how I approach my macros:
    - I aim for at least 100gr of protein per day, for my stats and goals. You can use this calculator to see what would be a good goal for you: https://examine.com/nutrition/protein-intake-calculator/
    - I don't mind my other macros much, except to make sure I get enough fats (important for women for hormonal health), I'm usually at around 45%carbs and 30%fats
    - I didn't radically overhaul my diet, I tweaked my usual meals to fit my needs: in my case more lean protein, some higher protein vegetables and snacks,... And I did overhaul my breakfast to make it a lot higher protein.
  • shearer061080
    Options
    Thanks for that lietchi some good advice there,I'm probably just overthinking things and complicating it too much I'm gonna start with a 40,40,20 for protein, carbs and fats and see how my body responds then tweak it in two or three weeks.๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan ๐Ÿ‘
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Log your food check out recipes on here and stay motivated, good luck.