Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Can you be thin/slim/in shape and still get enough to eat?

Options
neffyworld
neffyworld Posts: 89 Member
I watched a documentary called "Embrace" and a few former models claimed when they were at their peak, they were always starving, eating cotton balls dipped in gaterade to stay slim and completely miserable.

But then I see people on mfp who are small and happy, people who have gone from a large size to a size xs or smaller.

So what's the difference? Are the people here eating back their exercise calories, or do they look small because they have a high muscle mass? or are runway models/magazine models just so much smaller that they can't eat more than like 600 calories a day?

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Runway models including Victoria’s Secret models are underweight, not “in shape”. The camera really adds weight. Living in LA I have seen a few celebrities in person who are very slim but who look *curvy* in person.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Runway models including Victoria’s Secret models are underweight, not “in shape”. The camera really adds weight. Living in LA I have seen a few celebrities in person who are very slim but who look *curvy* in person.

This should have said look very slim in person but look curvy on TV.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and am slap bang in the healthy BMI range. My TDEE is currently 2300 calories even with a fairly high body fat percentage (around 33/34%), which I would like to reduce a little.