Anyone have any tasty lunch ideas?

Options
I need something that is more budget friendly and that I can whip up in the morning before I leave or something I can make that night that won't go bad. Preferably something healthy but still delicious! Thanks :)

Replies

• lisadhancock
    Options
    not sure if you have access to a microwave at lunch but the lean cuisine and smart one frozen entrees are delicious!
  • CJsSweetMom
    CJsSweetMom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make a hummus, cream cheese and veggie wrap every day for lunch. It is only about 250 cal, but it is really satisfying. 1 tbs of Cream cheese, 2 tbs of you fave hummus, cucumber slices, red bell peppers, avocado, sprouts /spinach, all wrapped nicely in a wheat tortilla. Tastes great and its portable :) I hope you like it as much as I do!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy request campbells soups quite a bit. Lots of variety and they taste good.

Remember to note that there are supposed to be two servings per can! but still low cal
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    When I'm out of food, and out of ideas, I got for the good old PB&J. I like Archer Farms (Target brand) Almond,Peanut,Cashew butter, I just use maybe 1 tablespoon, about a 1/2 tablespoon of jam, and a good tasting wheat bread with fiber in it. It will keep really well. Also like to have apples, string cheese, yogurt. Simple things that are easy to eat while I'm working, and not too spendy to keep on hand.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I love my turkey wraps! I use the mission spinach tortillas, with cooked ground turkey, lettuce, shredded carrots, and non fat and low calorie salad dressing. I make 2-3 at a time and then wrap them up in siran wrap and can grab and go as needed.

I prefer poppy seed dressing but you can use anything.
  • JessicaSpotswood
    Options
    i came across one quite by accident. leftovers are strange things but make for good lunches. i just take a soft taco size tortilla. spread a little about 1 tablespoon blue cheese dressing on it. add about a cup of red leaf lettuce, 1/4 cup cooked chicken, 1/4 of a tomato, and about 1/8 of an avocado. wrap it up it'll keep overnight. can be made at the lunch table. eaten cold or warmed up. grab a piece of fruit and you have lunch on the go in about 5-10 mins depending on if you have to chop everything up before hand.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    English Muffin Pizza
    - Add pizza sauce and cheese to an english muffin. Bake 350 degrees till toasted.

Wraps
    - Tortilla added with choice of filling (meat/cheese/veggies) and low fat cream cheese mixed with herbs.

Parfaits
    - Low fat yogurt with layers of fruit. Topped with granola

Veggie dog in a blanket
    - Wrap a veggie dog (like smart or boca) in a crescent roll and bake.

Hummus with vegetable sticks

Salads
    -Taco
    -Spinach
    -Cobb

Finger Sandwiches
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I make a hummus, cream cheese and veggie wrap every day for lunch. It is only about 250 cal, but it is really satisfying. 1 tbs of Cream cheese, 2 tbs of you fave hummus, cucumber slices, red bell peppers, avocado, sprouts /spinach, all wrapped nicely in a wheat tortilla. Tastes great and its portable :) I hope you like it as much as I do!

I do this too! I skip the cream cheese (not a fan) and use tomatoes, lettuce, spinach and whatever other veggies I have laying around.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    My favorite easy lunch for about a month straight was an avocado/white bean wrap:) just mash half an avocado with a quarter cup of navy beans....add it to a wrap with a slice of cheddar cheese, heat for 30 seconds. So delicious easy and filling:)