Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Forum Change

Options
TealTrinket
TealTrinket Posts: 22 Member
Please undo your recent forum changes. It looks awful and cheap, and is so much harder to navigate. Or at least give us an option to use the old layout instead.
20 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are reviewing feedback as it comes in and will take it into consideration as we continue to iterate the update to the Community forums.

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I have to agree it looks pretty bad on desktop using the latest version of Firefox. Why is everything so huge? I've had to go to 80% just to view it.
  • pkctts1
    pkctts1 Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I’m finding it much easier to read. Thanks.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    I've switched to if it's better in Safari and it is slightly but it won't let me edit. And everything is still huge. Rendering overlays things.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    trying to post but getting "Whoops! There was an error."
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it's awful. Not only is the layout worse than before, but I can't search to find my must recent posts (things I don't care enough about to bookmark, but want to be able to get to).
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    Also - the ONE request I've seen multiple times... people asking that the Disagree and Hug options below a post be switched... wasn't touched. I don't really care, but the thought was an accidental Hug is nicer to see than an accidental Disagree (which you can do unintentionally when scrolling through posts on your phone). This specific request wasn't addressed but things no one asked for were? And it's even harder to deal with on my phone than it is on the computer. If I had been considering Premium, you just guaranteed I stay with the free option.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hate this new layout/format.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Looks like "navigation" to the Home page and the FOOD diary is gone? I'm assuming you already know that, but it's a pretty big deal.

W10, Firefox
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,241 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The bookmarks list is a bit bulky now, particularly on my phone. I used to see about a dozen or more items when I looked at the list and so could scroll though quickly. Now only about three fit on the screen, and it seems cluttered.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options

The food diary is still there. Click on the enormous blue myfitnesspal at the top menu bar and it will take you to the non community feature.

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,241 Member
    Options

Using spoilers around media links doesn't seem to work anymore. If there's a way to do it it is not anything like the old way.

Used to be like this:

[spoiler]Text or link to toggle by the spoiler button.[/spoiler].

But it doesn't work now. The paragraph formatting interface works to make spoilers for text, but doesn't seem to support the media links when inserted using the 'Insert Media' button.

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,816 MFP Staff
    Options

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have the team take a look at this and file a bug ticket with our forum provider.

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

Forum provider means more to mfp than members!?

This discussion has been closed.