Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Restore top bar navigation aligned to MFP Home

brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member

The new layout essentially extracts Community out of MFP. I can't toggle between Community back to my Food Diary and have to have separate browser tabs to check community and update my food diary (computer access). Would prefer if top bar navigation (Home, Food, Exercise, Reports) was retained when user is in Community.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member

This is my top complaint with this new forum to be honest, can't just go back but have to have a tab open or click the myfitnesspal which opens a new tab. I already keep tons of tabs open and don't want to manage another one for forums.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member

Agreed. We didn't need it updated. It was fine the way it was.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Again.. agree 100%

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,235 Member

At the bottom of forum pages there is a Calorie Counter link that takes you to your Home page in MFP.

Sounds like that what you're looking for. I didn't notice that yesterday, so I'm not sure whether it was added to address this issue or was there from the start.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited November 2021

I found this, and yes, it works. Thank you. It does seem strange that something so important is written small at the very bottom of the page. I'm finding that the things that I use the most are all at the bottom. Before they were at the top of the page. Progress??🤣

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member

Thank you s1im62, that helps.

snowflake954 agree!😜

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    edited November 2021

@snowflake954 and @s1im62 that does work, thanks. The only thing I don't like about using it that way is when you go back to Community it takes you to the main community page, and not the one you left. You have to navigate to where you were again. 😕 oh the joys of relearning technology....

I also agree that looking for fine print at the bottom of the page isn't the right place for the food diary. Also, clicking the Calorie Counter actually takes you to your Home page, and NOT your food diary. 😡

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member

What DaffyGirl88 says. It's not a killer, but it requires extra clicks to get anywhere besides the home page. But thanks for the tip to navigate home without opening a new window. Although agree with snowflake954 that it's still annoying to need to scroll to the bottom of the page to use it vs. being easily accessible at the top.

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,815 MFP Staff
    Hello! Chiming in real quick to let you know we have heard the feedback. For some background information, our new community theme is meant to work for both Mobile and Web instead of having two different themes for each. This means we are trying to find the happy medium for what works best for both at the same time instead of treating them independently.

We are hoping to make more improvements in this area to make navigating back and forth a bit easier.
  • Betty
    Hello! I have a quick update to share, clicking on the MyFitnessPal logo in the navigation bar will now direct you to the main MyFitnessPal site within the same page/tab instead of opening a new one.

bdnu3fcgxpdz.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello! I have a quick update to share, clicking on the MyFitnessPal logo in the navigation bar will now direct you to the main MyFitnessPal site within the same page/tab instead of opening a new one.

bdnu3fcgxpdz.png

It's still opening a new tab for me.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited November 2021

bdnu3fcgxpdz.png

Ditto for me.

Also @Betty previously I complained about the image looking like it was being cut off. I see from your image that yours doesn't look like that so I thought I'd share a picture of what I'm seeing so you can see how the m,y & f look like they're being cut off at the left, bottom and top (respectively)
    rxpegwvmlnlr.png
  • Betty
    Deviette wrote: »

bdnu3fcgxpdz.png

Ditto for me.

Also @Betty previously I complained about the image looking like it was being cut off. I see from your image that yours doesn't look like that so I thought I'd share a picture of what I'm seeing so you can see how the m,y & f look like they're being cut off at the left, bottom and top (respectively)
    rxpegwvmlnlr.png

@amusedmonkey and @Deviette would you mind trying to clear your browser cookies/cache to see if that helps with the logo opening to a new tab when it should now be opening within the page.

If you are both still running into issues please contact support. Also, Deviette can you please contact support with that screenshot so they can gather some more information.

You contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • amusedmonkey
    I don't think it's a cache issue. I tried it right now in 4 different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, and brave) and cleared cache/cookies on Edge, and it still opens to a new tab.
  • Betty
    I don't think it's a cache issue. I tried it right now in 4 different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, and brave) and cleared cache/cookies on Edge, and it still opens to a new tab.

Thanks for confirming. Please do write into support so we can further investigate.
  • Betty
    @amusedmonkey

Quick Follow up, while the Icon opens to www.myfitnesspal.com in the same page pretty much everywhere on the site for me, I did notice in this Idea thread and on the advanced search page it's opening in a new tab. I have asked our forum provider to take a look.
  • amusedmonkey
    edited November 2021
    @amusedmonkey

Quick Follow up, while the Icon opens to www.myfitnesspal.com in the same page pretty much everywhere on the site for me, I did notice in this Idea thread and on the advanced search page it's opening in a new tab. I have asked our forum provider to take a look.

I was about to type a reply about that. It does open in the same tab on the main forums (did not try other pages)

Edit: tried a few, and ironically, out of all the pages I tried, only this thread opens in a new tab.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I found this, and yes, it works. Thank you. It does seem strange that something so important is written small at the very bottom of the page. I'm finding that the things that I use the most are all at the bottom. Before they were at the top of the page. Progress??🤣

I agree with you. The most used features got delegated to the very bottom of the page in very small letters making them hard to find. Not an improvement.
This discussion has been closed.