Funny 1 AM NSV

Options
adrian_indy
adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
So this weekend we had my sons 3 and 1 year old birthday party, and the helium balloons that say Happy Birthday are still floating around. Around 1 am I was in a deep sleep and all of a sudden I hear this loud thump thump thump. I woke up and sprang out of bed into the living room in one fluid motion. I assumed some one or some thing was in the house.

Turns out one of the balloons drifted into the ceiling fan my wife had turned on before we went to bed. I turned off the fan, untangled the balloon string, and went back to bed.

The next morning my wife and I were eating breakfast, and she said, "Honey, I don't think I have ever seen anyone move that fast." We both had a good laugh about it. I don't think I could have moved like that 40 lbs ago.

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Woohoo for great speed and ability to protect your family from balloons!

This totally made my night!

:laugh:
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Similar story. The other night (1 or 2 a.m.) we were awakened by the sound of a laughing baby. (we have no kids). I ran to the living room to find that my new cell phone was ringing, and I had apparently set it to a ringtone of baby laughter.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    hahaha wtg!!!!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    That's great and funny! :) Keep on protecting your family!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling isn't it? Being able to move swiftly like your were long ago. Seriously, I miss that. Protecting my family is very important to me and with this weight...ugh. Congratulations!

--PixarDad
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Similar story. The other night (1 or 2 a.m.) we were awakened by the sound of a laughing baby. (we have no kids). I ran to the living room to find that my new cell phone was ringing, and I had apparently set it to a ringtone of baby laughter.

This is kind of creepy. I might consider moving..haha
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't grab for a gun. I would have...
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't grab for a gun. I would have...

I have a shotgun under the bed, but I keep it unloaded and the ammo hidden because of the children. My wife and I decided that for the sake of humanity, I shouldn't own a handgun at this point in my life.
  • jmikels67
    Options
    I love it! How awesome you could hop right out with no second thoughts! That's a better story than the time we were in our bedroom in the evening and the German Shepherd started growling. Scared the crap out of us, hubby crept to the doorway to peek into the hall, only to find that a helium balloon was gliding down the hall from the flow of the a/c return. It was hanging low (about head height) because it was a few days old - apparently the dog thought it was a humanless head!
  • Amuggsy78
    Amuggsy78 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love it! How awesome you could hop right out with no second thoughts! That's a better story than the time we were in our bedroom in the evening and the German Shepherd started growling. Scared the crap out of us, hubby crept to the doorway to peek into the hall, only to find that a helium balloon was gliding down the hall from the flow of the a/c return. It was hanging low (about head height) because it was a few days old - apparently the dog thought it was a humanless head!

Now that one's awesome! I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!