Water

Options
2»

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Each day humans must replace 2.4 litres of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods eaten.

taken from: http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/propertyyou.html
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "You have to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. BEER is 90% water. Coincidence? I think not!"

:drinker:
  • tigersword
    Options
    Ahhh, here we go!
    When in doubt, search the Mayo Clinic site.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

You are aware that the article you linked to DISPROVED your earlier statement about caffeine dehydrating you, right?

It states clearly that caffeinated beverages are as effective as water when it comes to hydration, and that in order to experience any diuretic effect at all, you'd need to drink the equivalent of 7 cups of coffee. More recent research has also proven that people who regularly consume caffeine are immune to the diuretic effect, regardless of dosage.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I only count water. Don't care what research says, when I went back to drinking soda for 2 months I found I was constantly thirsty despite drinking more and my skin reverted to being dry and horrible. I do have a cup of tea in the morning and sometimes one at night but still make sure to drink my 2 litres of water on top of that.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    Ahhh, here we go!
    When in doubt, search the Mayo Clinic site.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

You are aware that the article you linked to DISPROVED your earlier statement about caffeine dehydrating you, right?

It states clearly that caffeinated beverages are as effective as water when it comes to hydration, and that in order to experience any diuretic effect at all, you'd need to drink the equivalent of 7 cups of coffee. More recent research has also proven that people who regularly consume caffeine are immune to the diuretic effect, regardless of dosage.

I might be speaking for someone else here, but I think she realizes that. her earlier statement only said that she "thought" it was right because she had heard it somewhere before, she wasn't dead-set trying to preach anything to anyone.

Me personally....I didn't read her posting that included the link as a "SEE, TOLD YA SO!" posting (like many people do here), just more of a "huh, here's some more info". Not sure she was trying to argue anything with anyone.

Might just be me though
  • tigersword
    Options
    I was just looking for clarification, as she was ambiguous with her statement. I like spreading information in clear, easy to understand manners, and I wanted to make sure that she wasn't misreading the article. When skimming an article it can be very easy to mix up "hydrating" and "dehydrating" and if you misread the question as, "is it true that caffeine is dehydrating?" with an answer of "Yes, it's true," it's very easy to get the wrong information.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I was just looking for clarification, as she was ambiguous with her statement. I like spreading information in clear, easy to understand manners, and I wanted to make sure that she wasn't misreading the article. When skimming an article it can be very easy to mix up "hydrating" and "dehydrating" and if you misread the question as, "is it true that caffeine is dehydrating?" with an answer of "Yes, it's true," it's very easy to get the wrong information.

gotcha, that definitely makes sense! Like I said, i might have been speaking for her haha, it's just how I read it vs how you read it. I think the fact that "disproved" was in all caps in your reply made me feel like this was leaning more toward an argument, just seemed a little aggressive. I know I use all caps when I'm trying to yell (or loudly communicate) something haha, learned that from Kanye West.
  • tigersword
    Options
    It was just meant for emphasis. I was too lazy to use the italics BBcode.
  • kbreezie922
    kbreezie922 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    they say that the more water you drink the more hydrated your skin is!
  • tigersword
    Options
    Who is this, "they?"