Hi, I'm new and just had my first baby :-)

Options
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is venicia and I just had my first child on 9/5/11. I've lost 30lbs in my first five days after birth and the last 20lbs aren't falling off as fast. So i'm just looking for a little bit of encouragement to help me reach my goal.

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome, congratulation for your baby! Feel free to add me.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Congrats on your baby!!! If you want encouragement and support, please send me an invite!!!
  • shdrakes
    Options
    Congrats on your new bundle of joy, feel free to add me!
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! I think the amount that you have lost already is awesome! I'm new too, and in need of friends, I'll add you!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your baby. I just had my 2nd at the end of April. I got off everything I put on quickly but now I am back to trying to lose weight that I had before.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different feelings about breastfeeding but I lost easily and steadily due to bf after my first. When you've gained 50 pounds during 9 months be patient about it coming back off again. 1-2 pounds a week means 2 1/2 to 5 months from now if you stay focused. You have a lot going on as a new mom so I think the upper end (5 months) turns out to be the most realistic. If you are motivated it can go faster, of course. Push the stroller as much as you can and wear baby when you're not pushing him/her. You are in the right place to do this sensibly.
  • Amuggsy78
    Amuggsy78 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! and welcome to the site. I heard once ( and it makes a lot of sense) that if it took you 10 months to put the weight on it's likely going to take 10 months to take it off. While that does make sense, I know that I was very sedentary after I had my daughter, though I was breastfeeding and I got my pre-baby body back in 3 months, except it was a little looser. :-)

Don't stress yourself out and don't watch the scale, you'll just stress youself out which will hinder your weight loss, and if you are breastfeeding it can hinder that too.

Good Luck!
  • eh613c
    eh613c Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby! I had my 2nd one in May and now I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. However, I'm trying to lose the pounds I couldn't shake off with my 1st pregnancy. I have about 10lbs to go. Breastfeeding, walking and carrying the baby will definitely help you with your weight loss. If you're BFing, remember to eat and drink lots of water to jumpstart your supply. At about 3 months, you can start cutting calories very slowly to ensure your supply doesn't decrease. Good Luck!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the beautiful baby!! I joined right after I had my first baby! Don't get discouraged, just try to get in some walking and make sure you are eating healthy and eating enough if you are breast feeding.