Pumpkin Pie

Options
Someone please find an alternative that's healthy. I need this.

Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I made this last week and it turned out sooo yummy!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/pumpkin-spice-no-bake-cheesecake.html
  • LissaD26
    LissaD26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When it comes to baked things, I refuse to skimp on flavor. I'd rather make an awesome tasting pie and just have a smaller portion of it. Bake the pie, cut into normal-sized slices, and freeze them. Then, just defrost one serving at a time so you don't eat the whole pie. :)
  • mbb0301
    Options
    When it comes to baked things, I refuse to skimp on flavor. I'd rather make an awesome tasting pie and just have a smaller portion of it. Bake the pie, cut into normal-sized slices, and freeze them. Then, just defrost one serving at a time so you don't eat the whole pie. :)

I like this idea! Thanks!
  • megtastic13
    Options
    That is a really good idea! I love pumpkin pie so much! And my boyfriend hates it, so I know that I could do this and have a little pumpkin pie here and there for a few weeks. Totally doing it! Thanks for the idea!
  • SpartanTrainer
    Options
    Its ok to indulge your sweet tooth once in awhile within moderation!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I got this a few years ago. I have not tried it yet myself. It is a diabetic recipe.

Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

Crust:
    3 egg whites---room temp
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar
    2 Tbsp Splenda
    2 egg yolks
    2 Tbsp fat free cottage cheese (mash with fork)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Separate eggs and beat whites with cream of tartar and Splenda until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks lightly. Fold yolks and cottage cheese into stiffly beaten whites. Spray pie plate with Pam. Pour in mixture and shape to conform to plate. Bake for 30 minutes.
    (6 grams of carbs in entire crust)

Pumpkin pie filling:

8oz fat free cream cheese, softened
    1-2 Tbsp skim milk
    1 cup skim milk
    1 1/2 cups Cool Whip lite, thawed
    1 large box or 2 small boxes of Jello sugar
    free instant vanilla pudding/pie filling
    1 15-16 oz can pumpkin
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    (or whatever pumpkin spices you like) I added cinnamon and "Pumpkin Pie Spices" to mine.

Mix cream cheese with 1 Tbsp milk in a large bowl until creamy. Stir in Cool Whip. In a separate bowl, pour in milk, then stir in pudding mix; beat until blended. Stir in canned pumpkin and spices and blend well. Mix in the cream cheese mixture. Work quickly, pour into cool pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    pumpkin is actually pretty good for you.. I'm a pumpkin lover as well and i plan to enjoy it this season :) in moderation of course
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Here's a sweet potato pie very similar in taste..

In the spirit of the holidays I bring you this little slice of heaven. A lightened up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet potatoes which are high in beat-carotene and vitamin C. For a crust-less version, spray a pie dish with baking spray, pour into pie dish and bake. This works out to 148 calories, or 3 points per slice. (I prefer mine with the pie crust, it's really worth the extra points!)

Sweet Potato Pie
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 229.3 • Fat: 7.6g • Protein: 3.3 g • Carb: 44.4 g • Fiber: 1.3 g
    2 (1-1/2 lbs) sweet potatoes
    2 tbsp light butter, softened
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    2 large eggs
    1/2 tsp ground pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 50 to 55 minutes, or until soft. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin. Blend potatoes in a blender and pulse for about one minute to remove all fibers.

Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well. Using an electric mixer, mix in sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with cool whip and enjoy!
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Classic Pumpkin Pie
    Refrigerated pie dough makes this classic pumpkin pie recipe simple to prepare. Bake the pie on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven to encourage a crisp crust.

YIELD: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge and about 1 tablespoon topping)
    COURSE: Desserts, Pies/Pastries
    Ingredients

Filling:
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
    2 large egg whites
    1 large egg
    1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
    Crust:
    1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
    Cooking spray
    Topping:
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    1 tablespoon amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
    2 teaspoons powdered sugar
    Preparation

Position oven rack to lowest position.

Preheat oven to 425°.

To prepare filling, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pumpkin, and stir with a whisk until smooth.

To prepare crust, roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute.

Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust. Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on lowest oven rack. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove pie from oven); bake an additional 50 minutes or until almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.

To prepare topping, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the amaretto and powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Serve with pie.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 222
    Calories from fat: 30%
    Fat: 7.4g
    Saturated fat: 3.7g
    Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
    Protein: 4.1g
    Carbohydrate: 35.3g
    Fiber: 3g
    Cholesterol: 32mg
    Iron: 0.8mg
    Sodium: 241mg
    Calcium: 104mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Cinnamon Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie
    Using refrigerated pie dough makes this luscious dessert a breeze to prepare. Look for the dough in the dairy section of your supermarket.

YIELD: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
    COURSE: Desserts, Pies/Pastries
    Ingredients

Filling:
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 large eggs
    1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
    1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
    Crust:
    1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
    Cooking spray
    Streusel:
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
    1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup regular oats
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    2 to 3 teaspoons water
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°.

To prepare filling, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.

To prepare crust, roll dough to an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.

To prepare streusel, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon ginger) in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork or fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle with water, tossing with a fork just until lightly moistened.

Pour pumpkin mixture into crust; sprinkle with streusel. Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 273
    Calories from fat: 31%
    Fat: 9.4g
    Saturated fat: 3.7g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 5.9g
    Carbohydrate: 41.8g
    Fiber: 1.7g
    Cholesterol: 46mg
    Iron: 1.1mg
    Sodium: 117mg
    Calcium: 118mg
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "Double-Layer Pumpkin pie Cheesecake" here: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/11/double-layer-pumpkin-cheesecake.html
    It says 218 cal per slice (8 total) but you need to add your own crust calories.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I adore anything pumpkin...except pie. Something about the texture turns me off. blech.
  • shiloh015
    Options
    Pretty sure pumpkin pie doesnt freeze well. Might want to check that out first. I think maybe it separates or something?