Hi from Melbourne Australia - Gluten Free!

Options
Hi I have just my fitness pal and think it is fantastic!
Does anyone have any good lunch and dinner suggestions which are wheat free? or know any good websites or resturants in Melbourne which cater to this? I was diagonised as gluten intolerent a year ago and I really struggle to find healthy tasty fulling GF food which means I end up resorting back to wheat which means means I get digestion and tummy problems... I find it hard to eat a balanced diet which means my weight is always up and down...

Replies

• briarashley
    Options
    hey im gluten free from New Zealand add me if you want. coming into summer i eat heaps of salads with chicken or tuna and beans like chickpeas. its really filling, also chuck a boiled egg in sometimes. eggs on gluten free toast is another good one if you can find a good gluten free bread. you guys dont have vogels over there do you? i eat lots of brown rice too sometimes put some in salad to make it more substantial. also real foods corn thins are yum, with avocado and tomato or paunut butter and honey on them is very filling
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free in NZ too, add me if you like. I've found gluten free pasta that is just as good as wheat pasta, just make most sauces from scratch - but I know heaps that are available in Aus and NZ that are gluten free. Vogels do the best gluten free bread, can eat as sandwiches like normal bread, but the others are pretty bad texture! Quinoa is also great, and 80% of gluten intolerants can have oats as is different type of gluten - they are a great substitute for breadcrumbs in meatballs and stuffing etc.