Hello

Options
I just want to post a quick hello. I'm a 31 year old SAHM of 3, a 13 year old, 3 year old and an 18 month old babe. Since the birth of my last 2 kids I have had a difficult time trying to loose weight. I have a BMI of 28.3 which is in the higher end of the overweight realm. I just logged on to this site for the first time tonight, as it was recommended on another board. Any tips or suggestions for easy navigation? I'm planning on starting this journey tomorrow, wish me luck!

Replies

• crazedmomof5
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck! You can to a great place the people here are wonderful! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Goodluck! Use the site to your advantage. Log your food...exercise. The bottom line for me is I go back and I look at my food diary. I don't give my 100% focus on my calories BUT I do look at my food choices. To me it is not how low can I go with my calories but what food choices do I have that will keep me within my allowed calories.

This site is wonderful, many members will cheer on your achievements and will give you support.
  • sknight1976
    Options
    Good Luck, as a mom I know how hard losing weight can be exspecially when your not in you 20's again. I belive it is all a mind set, you can do what ever you set your mind too. I always suggest leaving your diary open for the public/your friends to view. If your not willing to share what you ate today with the world, then you probably shouldn't have put it in your mouth. Be as honest with yourself as you can, post everything. I think it is best to actally log in a day or two of what you would normally eat just to see where your starting. You would be surprised at how fast that handfull of chips, that last bite of your kids mac and chesse, and half of your kids ice cream cone, when they didn't want to finish it can add up. It helps you figure out where your real struggle are, then you can realize them when your doing them and just say no.

This site is the best site I have found, the people are really encorageing, like minded and have the same goal in mind. I wish you luck, Please feel free to add me as a friend, as well as any other members who happen to read this. I try to stay possitve in my weight loss journey, and love the feedback an encoragement as much as I like to give. it.
  • lt1825
    Options
    Good luck! I'm starting my journey tomorrow too. It'll be a rough road but completely worth it in the end. Just remember you aren't alone.
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yay good luck...i just started here yesterday...everyone is so wonderful. I too am trying to shift the baby weight, you will have lots of support! :)
  • Boomqueesha21
    Options
    Hi! I too just started on my journey on Monday, and I absolutely love this site. It has forced me to really watch how many calories I take in. My baby is 4 yrs. old and I am at high risk for diabetes. I don't want to live my life being this overweight and unhealthy, so I am pushing myself to loose the weight. I started going to the gym again on Monday with a friend and I've felt better than I have in ages. I joined the gym today and I intend to use it daily or at least 4 days a week, I work out with a friend, I found that this is so much easier when you have support. Which is why this is a great site. Feel Free to add me! Good Luck!
  • bobdawg65
    bobdawg65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the site. This is a good place to be to lose the weight and get healthy. Do you have the myfitnesspal app for your phone? I've found that to be a big help -- I don't have to wait till I'm at home to remember what I ate and log it into my diary. The app also has a barcode scanner that makes logging the food you eat really quick and easy to do.

Also, "friend" people who will help keep you accountable and that you can also encourage. We are all on this journey together, so we are glad to help!