Frustrated with myself

Options
I am so frustrated with myself right now. I was doing so amazingly well last year at this time, I was at my lowest weight since giving birth over 20+ years ago. Last month I was back on track, walking everyday, eating right, lifting, doing my yoga, etc. I have "re-started" like 5 times in the last few weeks. I keep telling myself...OK, TODAY's the day... then I get home. It's dark. I'm hungry. I make myself some food sit down to eat. Turn on the TV, pour myself a drink... and wake up the next day, vowing, OK that's IT - TODAY... and repeat. I KNOW how much better I feel when I'm active. But I literally have no energy. All the tricks I usually use to motivate myself, like planning my work outs and meal plans out in advance are failing me. I'm pretty sure I'm in full on menopause at this point so I know that probably has something to do with it... I'm just venting here. *sigh*

Replies

• sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That sounds so frustrating! And so relatable. If you were doing what you intended, instead, what would that evening look like?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    We all go through phases of productivity and the lulls where our best intentions can never be realized. Don't beat yourself up. The time change is hard. .it is dark at 5:00... and it feels like late evening. I've been going to bed at 8:00 and getting 9 to 10 hours of sleep a night!
    Just tell yourself.. I have to get my exercise in... before 4:30.. how can I rearrange my life to make that happen.
    Your routine has been upset by the time change..that's all.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've been so close to goals, to only slip back to old habits (I'm lazy by nature lol) and so it always feels like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

I don't know what it will take for you. For me, I have to constantly remind myself of what I want. I even sometimes consider that I can just buy new/bigger size clothes and give up but have managed to always talk myself out of THAT. I have also accepted that slow, steady is the path to my future and that is OK. I don't make progress every week - but as long as I'm not losing ground, I am content. So maybe aim for maintenance? As a starting point.

For what its worth, my youngest just turned 20. :)