Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Monday, 11/15
    1. log all my food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. concentrate on water to flush out sugar :)
    4. sew on daughters quilt :)

I am realizing tonite that I am trying to do to much sewing for xmas presents. So far, I have sewn 6 fleece blankets ... 5 for grandkids, and 1 for hubby. I have sewn a quilt for my son and DIL .. I have yet to finish the quilting part, but I have it pieced.And today I finished just piecing a queen size quilt for my daughter. She wanted navy blue .. it turned out beautiful, and another quilt hubby wants one just like it LOL!

But, I have been sewing nonstop for the past month.. and I am exhausted! I know I still have time to finish them, and I think I just need to take a break. And then today I even thought I would sew 6 large carryon bags so the grandkids can take their stuff home on the plane ... I think I may skip this!

Today was a beautiful day, and I felt tired and grumpy all day .. instead of getting out and enjoying the weather.
    Tomorrow it will be 71 .. so my plan is to go outside and set up all my xmas light display in the backyard... and maybe stay away from the sewing machine for a break!

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work in the yard .. enjoy the outside

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I had a fairly decent weekend but have no
    energy whatsoever!

The doctor is aware and we are monitoring it.
    I’m not going to post any goals except to come back and drink water. Right now I have to eat more calories per the doctor to get iron in me without pills and drink water to keep my blood pressure in check.

I can’t walk or anything physical right now as even staying awake and working are taking everything I have.

@littleblackskirt - Canadians forget how to drive in the snow every summer. The first few snowfalls are brutal for accidents.

@mytime6630 - I have too many projects on the go too. Normally it’s one of my favourite parts of the holidays all the crunching to get it all done, but this year I don’t think I’ll get it done.
    The only one that expects all of it from us is usually only ourselves.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Welcome @sdl110121 hopefully you'll find this group a big help.

Lovely photos @cschmitz110515 especially the sunflower field one!
    JFT Monday 15th Nov

Sensible meals yes, then spoilt it by eating a mincemeat pie in the evening...no I wasn't hungry. It's not even December yet, why do I have these pies in the house?!
    Send email yes, promised it on the phone so had to do it
    Email friend no
    Phone care home yes
    Catch up on housework no, didn't do anything, not a single thing!
    Also got out for a short walk and chatted to neighbours

My brain is mushy, I can't think what I want on my list today. I feel it's a bit of a cop-out saying "sensible meals" instead of logging properly. But it does keep me on track to a certain extent, not too high calorie and sensible portions.
    Weighed this morning and I'm 3lbs down in a week. Sure it's not all fat but let's see if I can keep the trend going.

JFT Tuesday 16th Nov

Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sensible meals (cook something proper for myself and son)
    Email friend
    Housework
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!
    🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day. 
    Had a lovely restful day.
    Fri 12: Go for a walk with DH or plant up some more bulbs.
    We planted bulbs.
    Sat 13: Put away all the cardmaking stuff from making daughter's birthday card
    All back where it belongs 😂
    Sun 14: Visit daughter to celebrate her upcoming birthday on 18 Nov We had a lovely lunch with daughter and grandsons.
    Mon 15: Make a thank you card for my friend. We are having coffee tomorrow morning.
    p79qvmatx8k8.jpg
    Tues 16: Finish planting the main winter planters

Turning up is the ultimate success! 
    Personal stats
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)
    UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance 
    Daily Habits: Week 3
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: Wed: Thu:
    Fri: Sat: Sun:

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @beachwalker99 - Mostly tulips and daffodils. I buy special ones each year for about 6 of my planters, then plant up others with the best of the bulbs from the previous year. Any spares are chucked in the beds and plated where they land.
    @mytime6630 - I think we often take on too much and forget that we need to pace ourselves. A day off sewing will probably do you good.
    @Snowflake1968 - I'm so sorry that you are still feeling under the weather . I hope Dr can find out what's wrong and do something about it.
    @Bex953172 - look for HOME in blue at the top of a page or click on the myfitnesspal at the top of the page and it should take you to your home page, which I see largely unchanged. There are problems with android devices which the tech team are working on. You can also access by logging on to the website at www.myfitness.com not ideal on a phone.
    They have already made some changes in response to complaints, and reinstated some things and made others more acceptable.

Here are some fall pictures from our walk in Castle Park last week.
    kc8qofn68dwz.jpeg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Weigh :smile:
    - Shower :(
    - work by 7:30 :smile:
    - Morning meetings :smile:
    - Check in with MFP :smile:
    - Coordinate some GLU Projects :smile:
    - Log Food :smile:
    - Exercise :(
    - No Alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smile:

Happy Monday, y'all!

Didn't exercise yesterday. By the time I got home from work it was dark and I was tanked. Really just excuses, but it is what it is. Other wise yesterday was good. My weight from the weekend is coming off, and I'm ok with where I am. I've even moved to a smaller belt (YAY). Granted I'm on the first hole, but it didn't even come close to fitting a few months ago.

Up crazy early today, well early for me, 5:00am. I have a 6:30 meeting with one of my bosses who is in Japan. I hate this monthly meeting, it is always the same, and nothing seems to happen. Thinking 5:00am isn't so bad, maybe I'll start going to the gym in the morning like I used to. I did better that way, because after work I just want to crash.

Not much planned after work. Gotta take V to the dermatologist, but that's about it.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 5:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 6:00 :smiley:
    - Go to Delrin office :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Meeting at 6:30
    - Do iLearn modules
    - Spend some time in the control room
    - Leave work by 3:00
    - Dermatologist at 3:30
    - Exercise
    - Log Food
    - Stay Green
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy healthy Tuesday y'all!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    I had a fairly decent weekend but have no
    energy whatsoever!

The doctor is aware and we are monitoring it.
    I’m not going to post any goals except to come back and drink water. Right now I have to eat more calories per the doctor to get iron in me without pills and drink water to keep my blood pressure in check.

I can’t walk or anything physical right now as even staying awake and working are taking everything I have.

Hope you get back to where you are happy and healthy soon! Take care of you for us, you are important!
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I am realizing tonite that I am trying to do to much sewing for xmas presents. So far, I have sewn 6 fleece blankets ... 5 for grandkids, and 1 for hubby. I have sewn a quilt for my son and DIL .. I have yet to finish the quilting part, but I have it pieced.And today I finished just piecing a queen size quilt for my daughter. She wanted navy blue .. it turned out beautiful, and another quilt hubby wants one just like it LOL!

But, I have been sewing nonstop for the past month.. and I am exhausted! I know I still have time to finish them, and I think I just need to take a break. And then today I even thought I would sew 6 large carryon bags so the grandkids can take their stuff home on the plane ... I think I may skip this!

Today was a beautiful day, and I felt tired and grumpy all day .. instead of getting out and enjoying the weather.
    Tomorrow it will be 71 .. so my plan is to go outside and set up all my xmas light display in the backyard... and maybe stay away from the sewing machine for a break!

You have a lot on your plate. My fingers would be cramped and achy. A break seems the right thing to do! Christmas lights sound wonderful.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 11/16
    - 64 oz of water
    - 20 min of cardio
    - Log everything
    - Laundry away
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Frosty morning, but we're expecting a bit of a warm-up later in the week. I really need to do some garden maintenance before the freeze sets in. I want to put a few daffodils in the new rockery, and I might try putting winter pansies in my deck boxes for a little end-of-autumn color. (Yes, I am avoiding housework LOL!)

Met my calorie and sodium goals yesterday, but didn't walk or get much done around the house. My noon meeting was cancelled, so I'm meeting up with my daughter today to do a bit of shopping before my afternoon class. Not a real walk, but at least it's not sitting.

Monday, 11/15/2021
    Log - :)
    Stay green on calories and sodium - :)
    Water - :)
    Walk? - Nope. Got bogged down in updating the LMS and answering student email.
    Clean fridge - Nope. Moved it to this week's list.

JFT Tuesday, 11/16/2021
    Log
    Stay green on calories and sodium
    Water
    Water new tree
    Submit student monitoring reports

And for this week:
    Make appts with eye doc and primary care doc
    Finalize plans for Thanksgiving weekend
    Plan Thanksgiving menu
    Clean kitchen
    Clear clutter from DR and LR
    Straighten/freshen guest rooms
    Clean fridge
    Recycling
    Plant a few daffodils in new shade garden

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Hugs to @Snowflake1968 and @mytime6630

@pridesabtch I am NOT a morning person. But if I wait to work out or even just shorter walk with dog after work, usually never happens. Sometimes too busy, sometimes just too wiped out by work day and loss of my determination. So I've got my a.m. routine but it's always in peril if I skip some days. LOL

@TerriRichardson112 Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

Recap M 11/15 ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log) :p kind of goofy day at work
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water :neutral: -156, green sodium (yay!) & 12c
    3) Contact J.S. re PA-E&T mgmt response / email user list requests for GA-IT f/u audit / ROP-BJ observation checklists ran out of time / catch up emails from long weekend = 3/4
    4) 2:00 dentist (check sutures) sutures now gone = yay! / FSA calculations & paperwork (due F) / wash dishes / at least 2 other ta-da's ~ TA-DA = 3.5/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: shopping for heated bird baths / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/5

JFT T 11/16
    1) Walked dog 4.13 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water
    3) 9:00 EHN update (Teams) / 12:00 Facebook Live / 2:30 webinar / ROP-BJ observation checklists & more if time / keep current w/ emails / contact EE Ins for FSA questions
    4) Shop for heated bird bath (old one seems to have quit working & is now a bird skating pond) / fill out FSA paperwork & submit if time / set up replacement Fitbit / other ta-da's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (Just Move It Day at work = walk dog)

Yes, another photo. Enjoyed a beautiful sky on dog walk this morning.

stygb5yxqbtf.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    JFT for 11/16 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) Dried apricots OK today.
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.
    10) No turkey jerky today.
    11) Turkey vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)

Hour Commitment - Finished coffee stuff. Now I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Vacation notice - I'll be leaving Friday for 10 days. I won't do the daily commitments, but will do the Hour Commitments as needed. (Hopefully can still access this forum from my phone). I'll be back around Nov 30 or Dec 1.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - Beautiful photos
    @cschmitz110515 - Love the rosy sky!

Welcome to newcomers!

I'm preparing for a 10-day car trip.
  • pridesabtch
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Did this thing in FB yesterday. 1st profile picture on FB vs current profile pic. For 13 years, I’ve held up pretty well…mlv4iawxvvuw.jpeg

1m9924p91j8f.jpeg

Boy thse pictures are huge... sorry

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 them photos are lovely!!
    Our news keeps going on about snow that's gonna hit the UK. Making a big deal about it (as usual) but it's never as bad as they make out it's gonna be.
    And then I think about you lot and the amount of snow you get when it's like huge walls outside your house when it's all been shovelled and snowploughed off the roads. Our amount of snow is laughable in comparison!

I know Bex lol. I was obsessed with the winter weather as my job involved driving and walking outside. But now I'm on this thread I feel I couldn't possibly complain about it, the USA and Canada has it so much worse!
    I think because we only get heavy snow occasionally a lot of people don't know how to drive in it properly so the roads soon become blocked. Also (if I read it correctly) in the US you're expected to clear the walkways by your house? Hardly anyone does that in the UK, so it becomes dangerous when it freezes over.
    I wish I had a pound for every time someone told me to "watch the path, it's slippy" and I had to bite my tongue to stop from saying "why didn't you clear it then?" I'm obsessed with clearing my paths, out there first thing in the morning.

The path near the girls school is very slippy! It's got stone flags going down and the street is cobbled. But when wet it's really really slippy and then when the leaves fall then get soggy its even more so. I nearly slipped twice the other within a few steps of eachother 😂 and the kids have ended up on their butts many a time 😂
    They've cleared the leaves now but it's still not much and the cobbles even get slippy so it's a choice of breaking your ankles or landing on your butt.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Did this thing in FB yesterday. 1st profile picture on FB vs current profile pic. For 13 years, I’ve held up pretty well…mlv4iawxvvuw.jpeg

1m9924p91j8f.jpeg

Boy thse pictures are huge... sorry

They're amazing! And you look amazing in both!! ❤️
    I dread to think what my first Facebook photo was haha. Good thing I don't have it anymore 😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Argh finding it really hard replying to everyone's posts through the webpage. It's not that it's difficult it's just a lot of scrolling!!

So welcome to the newcomers :) I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do.

I'm Bex, 29, live in the UK with 3 girls (7, 5 & 3) and my other half.

SW: 184
    CW: 162
    GW: 145

@mytime6630 You remind me of Molly Weasley from Harry Potter, the way she knitted jumpers for everyone at Christmas except you make quilts.
    To be fair I love how your quilts looks, they look amazing!

Casey still has Tracie's quilt she made. @PackerFanInGB I forgot to say, she was using the quilt the other day and I explained my friend from another country made it just for her. And she understood and she was like "wowww!" She wanted me to tell you thank you, she was well happy with it!!

@Snowflake1968
    I hope you start to feel better soon!! *Big hugs*
    Would it be so bad to have iron tablets? Surely it would fix the issue quicker than trying to get it from diet alone?
    My friend has to take them ATM and she always forgets!! I have to tell her off lol x
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour Commitment - done with lunch. After I have my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more ground turkey or dried apricots today.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/16 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    8) Dried apricots OK today.✔️
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.✔️
    10) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    11) Turkey vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)✔️Didn't eat today.

Hour Commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Vacation notice - I'll be leaving Friday for 10 days. I won't do the daily commitments, but will do the Hour Commitments as needed. (Hopefully can still access this forum from my phone). I'll be back around Nov 30 or Dec 1.

JFT for 11/17 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/15), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/18 (last 11/15)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/15)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) No dried apricots today.
    9) None of DH's corn chips (last 11/11), but none of his cookies today.
    10) No turkey jerky today.
    11) Turkey vienna sausage ok today. (last 11/10)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Yay 🤩🤩🤩 I am able to access MFP Community on my Android phone.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Nov 17
    1.5L of water
    JFT Post

Felt a bit better today.
    I am going through menopause and have been having a cycle since oct 20th, the meds the doctor prescribed on Friday are seeming to help. Hopefully only a few more days and I’ll start feeling normal. This could also be the cause of my high blood pressure too so now need to keep an eye on it becoming too low.