finding the motivation...

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to the forums and want to start with a little intro to myself. I'm 30 years old from the UK, and a mother of two. I'm not overweight, however I'm not happy with my current weight of 140lb. My thinnest since I had my first child has been 122lb just before I fell pregnant with my second. I lose weight fairly easily through diet alone, however I want to be FIT!

My problem is, that i'm really lacking in motivation to exercise. I work full-time while husband stays at home to look after the children, however he is not the best of house husbands so the majority of the time, there is a little cooking and cleaning to do when I get home. I'm always feel to tired when I sit down, I have no "get up and go". A while back I got into an excellent routine of crosstraining and an exercise dvd. My skin improved, i slept better, my body chaged and i loved it. Then I got bronchitis and the routine went out of the window and I have just not picked it back up. My hubby who is very athletic is no help at all, and says you've just got to do it! (Please nobody suggest Zumba as I hate it!)

I really want to drop 14lbs, I want back the toned body I had pre-children. I was really athletic and fit then. Any tips on motivation for a lazy sleep-deprived- working Mum?

Thanks in advance,

Lau x

Replies

• just walking and biking for 1-3 hours every other day works fine for me. i'm not a gym type at all!!
  • I am just like you. I was lazy, and am stay at home mommy. I now do 2 hrs of intense cardio six days a week and strength training twice a week. I went and bought a pair of "goal" jeans and everytime I think of giving up I look at my jeans!!! And living longer for my kids is also a motivation and I let everyone I know I'm dieting so I can have support if I need it and friends who have workout buddies tend to stick with it!! Best of luck and never give up!!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Take your close off and stand 5 minutes in front of a mirror and know that there is hope of a better body. That has worked for me.