well here i go again!

Options
hi everyone. ive tried everything, slimming world, cabage soup diet, british hart foundation diet: you name it ive tried it! so heres to hoping this works! ive not always been a big girl, infact i was a size 10 just a few years back but here i am trying to get that figureback...just 70lb to go!x

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    good luck with your journey, feel free to add me im on here most days xxxx
  • martina123321
    Options
    Good luck with everything, it won't happen over night - but you WILL get there x
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If I can pass on some advice I was given, give up the diets, how many times you do you hear people say they have done this diet and that diet compared to people who say "Well I just ate less and moved more". Thats what I'd suggest, start looking at your carlories, boring, but you can't change physics, its the most reliable way to lose weight. Drink more water.

The best weight lost tip I was ever given, cook/prepare what you'd normally eat, then before eating, divide it in half and put the other half away for another meal. If you apply that rule, even to chocolate, sweets, full on meals the change would be huge. For example lets say you are overeating and eating say 3000 cals a day, if you just didnt change WHAT you ate, but only ate half of it (literally cut that choc bar in half, leave half that bag of crisps) then you'd be eating 1500 cals, while still eating the same foods. Just a good tip I learnt the value of after I realised it was much more about how much you ate than what you ate.

Just my two cents, feel free to add me.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    this site is great for loosing weight ive been on here 3 weeks now (ony stuck to the plan for the last week) and ive made some amazing new friends and i really look forward logging in everyday :-) feel free to add me as you can never have too many friends for support on your journey goodluck you can do it x
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm an ex-slimming worlder too. The one thing you will find about this site is it teaches you portion control. So it's not a diet as such, it's more to do with eating normal food within normal parameters. At least that's how I find it.
    Slimming world is great but the one dowmfall is where they say 'On these days you can eat as much of this as you like'. Well, someone like me WILL take their word for it!!
    When I started here I was still using their principles and when I added pasta in the amount I was having it I was like...'HOW MUCH??!??'

Anyway, good luck, keep it up and add me if you like :smile:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This site is great and the people here are very helpful. This and WW have worked for me but I find both are a slow weight loss which they say is better. Good luck and you can add me as a pal if you want.
  • CPBOYD
    Options
    hi good luck so far the site has been great especially the people on the forums there a great help and motivation im only new myself so feel free to add me
  • timetomakegoodchoices
    Options
    You and me both!!! I am determined to KEEP IT OFF FOREVER this time! Maybe we can help and support each other.
    Annette:smile: