help not losing gaining

Options
Ok I have been on Myfitnesspal .com for 2 weeks now
I have been very diligent about tracking what I eat and have had 1200 caloires a day which is very different from the 2000 I was consuming before I started
I used to drink a bottlel of wine a night and I am not longer doing that
I also walk 3 miles every morning now
problem is
I am NOT losing weight ?
any suggestions I am getting very discouraged

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food portions?
  • cazjosjac
    Options
    Do the type of foods you are eating contain a lot of fat? if so, cut back on the fat. The exact same thing happened to me, I looked over my diet, I was eating way more than 41 grams of fat a day, as soon as I cut the fat intake, the weight came off. I always say to myself fat makes you fat.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    If you could make your diary public we could have a look and see what the problem might be :smile:
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What CarolynB said, make your diary public so we can review
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you open your food diary to us we'll have a better idea of what to suggest =)
  • devonn611
    Options
    Be sure you are getting 1200 calories, no less. Also are you spacing out your meals throughout the day? If you are only eating once a day your metabolism will slow drastically.
  • jppizana
    jppizana Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the calories that you are exercising off? That makes a difference, too.
  • lizkubbie
    lizkubbie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    here is a typical day
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1 cup frozen spinach
    1 yogurt
    green tea x 4

1 can tuna w 1 t low fat may in a whole wheat pita
    alphapha sprouts
    tomato
    onion
    pickel

plum

poached 4 oz salmon
    1 cup steamed cabbage
    1/2 c tabouil
    salad of lettuce and tomato w vinegar a 1 t olive oil

ffsf pop
    peach
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    yes
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    yes
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are getting 1200 calories, no less. Also are you spacing out your meals throughout the day? If you are only eating once a day your metabolism will slow drastically.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/343622-does-meal-timing-and-frequency-have-any-impact-on-weight-los
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Because 2 weeks isn't long enough to see a difference. I lost weight VERY slowly to start with. After a couple of months here I was very discouraged that I had only lost 4 lbs, even though I had lost a lot of inches.
    Weight loss seems to happen in fits and starts. I had a 5 week plateau at one point, despite not changing anything, and then lost about 5 lbs in a couple of weeks.
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    no they are very low fat and full of fiber
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    thanks for the post ..................why is it always harder for woman I am glad I am not alone
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    I try to eat all day small amounts
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    here is a typical day
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1 cup frozen spinach
    1 yogurt
    green tea x 4

alphapha sprouts
    tomato
    onion
    pickel

plum

poached 4 oz salmon
    1 cup steamed cabbage
    1/2 c tabouil

ffsf pop
    peach

That looks really healthy. Are you eating at least 1200 cals a day? I have my calorie goal set to lose 1lb a week and let MFP calculate how much I should eat each day which is around 1600 cals. I find that if I aim to lose more than 1lb a week I am weak, tired and I don't lose weight.

Stick with it though. I am losing weight very slowly but it is coming off and I am losing inches through all the exercise I am doing. It is a little frustrating at times but with the support of my friends I just keep going and I am gradually seeing the difference :happy:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you're diary looks like that, the only real major calories are coming from your proteins, the rest is fiber, which is great, but I don't think you're eating enough, and I think you should be adding in small snacks every couple hours between meals, even in the morning.

I imagine you're burning close to 300 calories on your walks, which would make your calorie goal near 1500 per day, not 1200. I would up your intake by about 200 calories a day to see what happens.

It doesn't always have to be 'good' stuff, you can add a couple cookies, or treats in there too...

Good luck, and stick with it!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    here is a typical day
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1 cup frozen spinach
    1 yogurt
    green tea x 4

alphapha sprouts
    tomato
    onion
    pickel

plum

poached 4 oz salmon
    1 cup steamed cabbage
    1/2 c tabouil

ffsf pop
    peach

Welcome!

1st of all 1200 cals is very low. If you were actually eating 2000 cals before, you should cut only 300 cals a day for a few weeks...see how that goes.

I'd totally lose the pop...no good at all.

Add healthy fats, like almonds,walnuts,oilve oil. So many people make the mistake of dropping ALL fats. Healthy fats do not make you fat when eaten in proper portions. They actually help burn belly fat.

Also I suggest you eat your fruit in the morning to early afternoon, and add a bit more protein to your breakfast.

Good luck
  • lizkubbie
    Options
    thanks so much for all of you input!
    I guess my body is very confused with a drastic change and doesn't know what to do
    I am currently at least 30 pound overweight so I was under the influence that it would melt away
    I guess being over 50 now adds to it taking longer to disappear
  • CheekyMamma
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? Try setting a timer and drink 8oz every hour....