Just started C25K...HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeyKeith
    Options
    C25K helped me lose 50 Ibs! It is hard as crap at first. All these posts are right. It's all about your own personal pace, your not trying to break records :) Stick with it, I'm a C25K success story. I went from 250Ibs to 200Ibs on the program!!

If you can, ditch the treadmill and go outside! It makes for such a better run, plus it doesn't get as boring.
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your input! It has helped me quite a bit. I think I'm gonna try the road tomorrow instead of the treadmill!
  • llingriff77
    Options
    I started this week and I'm trying to concentrate on finishing the runs rather than worrying about my speed, but when I'm joggin on the treadmill slower than the walking speed of the 60yr old next to me it's hard.

Oh well just think of the end result a fitter, healthier and thinner me !!!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Continue to run slow and go outside! It's so much better!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    stick to the weeks as is, it is designed to steadily get you to where you need to be over the weeks. It is mostly about stamina rather then speed and getting outside to do it is great. I always call my jogging more of a glorified shuffle anyway! :-) You will be amazed what your body can achieve if you give it a little push! :-)
  • torib55
    Options
    Keep going you will be amazed at how quickly you progress. I had to repeat some of the weeks too but got there in the end. I agree with some of the other posts it is easier to run outside than on the treadmill. Good luck :happy:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm also a VERY slow runner. I've found endurance is where my strength lies. I can go for long distances without stopping. Maybe it's the same for you?
  • emilyaririe
    Options
    Bump!!

I am interested to know how it has been going for you OP!
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

I am interested to know how it has been going for you OP!

Thanks for the interest. I did week 1 for 3 weeks in a row, and my left knee started swelling. My doc says I can't run right now because of this. But instead if letting it get me down, I am keeping it wrapped and iced regularly and I am walking the whole way instead of any running. My knee is getting better and I know that I will eventually be able to go back to the c25k. I'm looking at it as a goal that I will be able to attain, even if it takes me a long time. I realize I didn't get into this poor shape I am in overnight, so however long it takes to make it right is ok. It is what it is.