35 Year old at 21 Stone... Looking to trim down to 15 Stone! HELP!!!

Options
Hi All, I'm finally back into the right headspace to be able to commit myself to shifting this weight! I have around 75 Pounds to lose, and am not doing any diets as such (sW, WW, Keto etc...) I am simply sticking to a calorific defecit based on MFP! I will be adding some Exercise to the mix! I am determined to smash this change in lifestyle, and would love some friends on here to support and help my goals!
I also love to try and help others so feel free to add me..
Thanks
Rich

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're ready. Read the stickie (most valued) posts to get basic information and avoid common pitfalls. Make sure you've got a digital food scale and your daily calorie goal. Exercising is excellent--pick something that you like doing. Try to learn portion sizes, for you, with calorie counting. And make these changes habits. Be patient and consistent, and don't be afraid to change something if it isn't working for you anymore. However, do give things a chance first.

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss.
  • RCowl85
    RCowl85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help! Portion sizes are crucial for me! I'm definitely ready now! I really need to make the change.
  • CarolHemmaZavala9231
    Options
    Hi Rich, My name is Carol. I think you sound like you have a good mind set. Make sure to drink your water it really helps. I'm still in the process of drinking more water. Pick a exercise that you like for sure. It helps alot to not get discouraged if we like doing it. Mine is walking I spin it up by doing normal daily walks or a cardio walking at home video.
    I sent you a friend invite I hope that's ok. I like helping bothers an could use others on my new journey also.
    Have a excelente evening, Carol
  • marius_paps
    marius_paps Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello Rich.
    It's totally possible! In my experience, walking is the easiest exercise to start with.
    What has helped me is a step counter (FitBit, Garmin, Apple watch) and well worth the investment. It'll push you to make those 10.000 steps (and more) every day.
    Enjoy!