3 sizes in 3 months. This will cost me $$$

Options
I recently posted this topic about a lovely dress I bought just before starting MFP about 3 months ago -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/339779-i-only-got-to-wear-this-dress-once

I have a few events coming up in the next few weeks, the first being my sister-in-law-to-be's bachelorette party which is a day at the races in 3 weeks. I didn't really want to buy a whole new outfit for this. I have a gorgeous fascinator and some lovely dresses I can wear. I decided to try those dresses on last night and they were all hanging off me, gaping, exposing my boobs, falling down and generally looking sloppy. Hell yeah!

Today I went back to the store I got the first dress from, just to get some ideas. (For those in Aus - City Chic - A store for larger ladies that is actually quite stylish and embraces curves!) The shop assistants are always lovely and chatty and they were unpacking a new order of stock while I was there and had just put out the sweetest little sundress I've laid eyes on this year :love: . It was all sorts of colours and had a pink & white candy stripe belt. I was in love! I asked to try it on. I had no idea what size I might be, the last dress was a large, so I thought I'd better try the medium. There didn't appear to be a medium in the delivery, so i thought I'd chance it with a small and they could order the medium for me if need be.

Well, I tried it on and had the assistant zip me up. I did a little twirl of joy! I was in a SMALL! Then the assistant stopped me and said "I think you could actually go down a size" - What? I was feeling brave so I went for it. Extra Small. EXTRA FREAKING SMALL! It fit me to perfection. Smooth in all the right places, strapless and staying up, no back boobs, itty bitty waist! I did an extra happy dance!

Of course I bought it! But not before spending my lunch hour trying on almost every XS dress in the store :happy:

The races is in 3 weeks. All going to plan it will still fit, as long as I don't lose too much boob.

Pics will follow...

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    omg YAYAYYAYAYAYYAY!
  • MABedard1
    Options
    Good for you!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so freaking awesome! In the meantime (as fun as it is shopping for new clothes in XS sizes) OP SHOPS!

And, just, WOW again!
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is FANTASTIC!!!!
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so freaking awesome! In the meantime (as fun as it is shopping for new clothes in XS sizes) OP SHOPS!

And, just, WOW again!

Oh op-shops for sure!

Plus I think i'll have to bust out my sewing machine - I don't think it would take too much to alter some of the clothes I already have :smile:
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Congratulations! It will definitely be pricey to replace your whole wardrobe but it it so worth it.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
    I'm in the same boat as you, I buy nearly $300 worth of clothes a week right now because nothing I own fits! (I sell the old stuff on ebay but only get a little for it :( ) I'm broke at the moment and have a small collection of clothes but shopping is AMAZING......All those clothes I used to look at and think I love that! but it wont suit me, that's for a skinny person is now for me!
    I even love missing out on clothes because they've sold out of the smaller sizes, or shop assstants guessing my size and it being xs
    expensive but worth every penny to your self esteem :)

ps well done again
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That's spectacular!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!