snack ideas anyone

Options
shyla11
shyla11 Posts: 26 Member
Hi I work till 11 pm at night and have a break at 9.30, and usually need a snack as I sleep late in the morning and cannot get in more than 4 meals in a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to snack on so late at night that is not going put weight on?. I have asked in fitness magazines but never get a reply does anyone here have a idea?

Replies

• shyla11
    Options
    Hi I work till 11 pm at night and have a break at 9.30, and usually need a snack as I sleep late in the morning and cannot get in more than 4 meals in a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to snack on so late at night that is not going put weight on?. I have asked in fitness magazines but never get a reply does anyone here have a idea?
  • lor04311916
    lor04311916 Posts: 109
    Options
    fruit or somekind of nut maybe :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    a whole cucumber is only like 40 calories I dip it in vinegar its great!
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    hmm my faves are

nuts
    pumpkin seeds (very high in sodium though)
    suger free motts applesauce
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    frozen grapes
    any fruit
    pretzel sticks
    100 calorie snack packs
  • jojoguymon
    Options
    Pickles. 5 calories each.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Triscuts with laughing cow cheese
    Pita bread or crackers with humus
    Fruit leather most have only 45 calories
    banana is one of my favs
  • Joanneh
    Joanneh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Raw carrot sticks or celery sticks with low fat dips - dipped in homemade houmus, divine! Very easy to make with canned chickpeas - make a bowl and use it throughout the week. Or you can also dip them in salsa, simple to make or buy, or low fat natural yoghurt. Get a clove of garlic, some peeled cucumber , mint leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice into the natural yoghurt and you have the greek dip, tzatsiki. Very low in calories.

How about some low calorie wholewheat crackers with any of the toppings above, or with sliced tomatoe and/ or triangle of light cheese such as Laughing Cow extra light (do you have that in the States?).

A banana dipped in a natural yoghurt is always a quick and easy fix too.

The key to healthy snacking is being prepared. The only time I end up snacking on crisps or chocolate is when I haven't brought something healthy with me and I've no other option.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I just started trying a new one this week and I love it:

17 Special K Tomato & Basil crackers - 90 cals, dipped in 1/2 C. fat free cottage cheese - 80 cals. A high protein snack that keeps me feeling full and satisfied!

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    If you want a small snack, Apple Cinnamon Quakes are really good. Also some Master's Choice Camembert cheese with whole wheat crackers makes a good snack too
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    a whole cucumber is only like 40 calories I dip it in vinegar its great!

cucumbers are like negative 20 calories- it's true! My dad's doctor told him that when he was talking to him about losing weight. They're negative because your body has to work harder to digest them so it burns calories! yay for negative calorie foods! :flowerforyou:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hmm my faves are

nuts
    pumpkin seeds (very high in sodium though)
    suger free motts applesauce
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    frozen grapes
    any fruit
    pretzel sticks
    100 calorie snack packs

I toast my own pumpkin seeds around halloween time!! they are great, i just save them when we are carving pumpkins, rinse them off, let them dry out a little, then i put them on a baking sheet, and pop them in the oven til they get toasted looking. there are lots of recipes for them online. you can season them with whatever, i made some last year with garlic powder and they were yummy!! or you could use some salt, but if you add it yourself you can control how much.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I work out quite often late at night, so my snacks are late as well, I tend to eat, boiled egg white halves, and I fill em with tuna, and green peppers, I can low calories, and protein, and they fill me up. I don't use the yolk, but that's just personal, I don't like it.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I love bananas! They are easy to burn off, too! I also like 100 calorie pack snacks, yogurt, Nutri - Grain Bars, and Special K Bars
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Bar

When I need a quasi healthy chocolate fix I eat a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar. Really tasty only 140 cal and 35% RDA of fiber. It makes a good "need to run out of the house" breakfast.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    You wont put weight on eating late at night as long as you stay in your calories.

One of my new favorite snacks is homemade cucumber salad using an alternative sweetener instead of sugar! I can have a huge bowl for only the cals in a single cucumber. I also use this as an appetizer or to snack on while I am waiting for dinner to cook so that I am not too hungry.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pickles. 5 calories each.

That made my day. I love pickles! :love:
  • shyla11
    Options
    pickles I love too but very high in salt and two medium pickles is total of salt intake that they say you should stick to for a day
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Like suldrun said eating at night will not put on weight. Since you are still working you might need more than a snack. I would have no problem eating a sandwich or anything else that I would usually eat for a lunch while I'd be at work.