i dont exercise

Options
i know i should, but i dont. im lazy. between school, studying, and work i just havent made the time. is anybody else losing or maintaing weight by just eating healthy? what progress have you made, and what are your macro ratios? ive lost 60 ish pounds on diet alone, now im maintaining eating 1300-1400 calories a day. i think my macros are 50carb/25fat/25prot.

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If your vastly over weight, that works. For a while. Then you have no choice but to stay stationary and unfit, or active and fit.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i agree with above
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    you can lose weight without exercising - but without exercising you will lose muscle as well as fat.

you can choose to be skinny or you can choose to be healthy and fit.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I only workout to get toned and have muscle definition to prepare for a competition. If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't work out as hard or as much as I do.
  • blujayhawk
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight with eating less, but that is just losing weight. You are also losing muscle and for that "ideal" body you do need to work out to achieve that. I have lost 60 lbs with 40 of that documented on here and I now have been getting... saggy. I don't want that and the best way to get rid of the parachute flaps is to exercise. Both cardio and strengthening. So depending on what look you are trying to achieve will depend on route you are going to take
  • bubbles143
    Options
    Diets aren't a way of life and should only be used to improve your weight, exercise should always be included in your life, skinny, fat, tall, petite, what have you.
  • sameheartnewbeat
    Options
    I can definitely understand how you feel. I myself am struggling to find time to exercise with all my schoolwork, and when I do have free time, I just want to rest and watch TV. If you struggle to find the drive to hit the gym, try to make your day more active like walking around campus between classes and carrying your books over your shoulders will add weight which means using muscles.=)
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    In an effort to sneak some exercise into your day, could you walk or ride to school/work? If you wanted to that is, I just mean, that would be a good way to get some activeness into your day without actually having to set aside time to "exercise".

I thoroughly vouch for the bike riding to places thing (I ride 14ks round going into the CBD from my place and it leaves me feeling great).
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hate to exercise, but try to get some in here and there. At least I'm using the little tips like parking far away from entrances, taking stairs instead of elevators, jog in place for a bit, dance when a good song comes on, etc.... It may not be a 30 day shred as some do, but I figure every little bit of movement helps. I also stand to watch TV instead of always sitting, and partake in Zumba and try to go out for a walk on weekends. Used to be very muscular, but have let it go over the past few years, and now I'm getting the saggy's - I hate that, so I'm getting more motivated to do SOMETHING!! Good luck to you.
  • ashlytet
    Options
    I think that you answered your own problem when you said that your lazy. Indeed you are lazy (no offense, just using your words) but at least you came out upfront and said it rather than making excuses and saying you aren't lazy. I am lazy too, I love to sleep a lot, but I have improved. I realized I was "lazy" because I was not eating properly. Watch your diet, you may be under calories, but you may not be eating the right foods to give you energy. Plus working out builds energy and make your body feel good.

I work two jobs, go to school, and manage to make some time for workouts. Remember working out does not need to be long and time consuming. Plus, find a pal and do classes at the gym or something. It always makes it a lot easier. Overall it is possible, and it is hard to get past the lazy bump, but as everyone says maintaining is one thing, but your body needs muscle mass, that requires increase protein as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I only workout to get toned and have muscle definition to prepare for a competition. If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't work out as hard or as much as I do.
    Bikini or Figure?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Bikini or Figure?

bikini
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to. I had sooooo many excuses and quit exercise so many times it's ridiculous. But since I got on MFP I pushed myself. And they say 21 days forms a habit, so that worked in my case. Now, if I skip exercise for more than 2 days, it's murder!!! My body feels bad, sluggish, tired, etc. Once you get used to it (3-4 weeks), you will WANT to do it, it will feel good, especially since your body will change in so many ways. I showed my entire family my "new" muscles and that makes me even more accountable to work. I put the "muscles" in my profile, so when I log in here I remember why i'm doing this and that it works. Just remember, you are your worst enemy!
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i know im lazy, im not asking or looking for advice on change or losing more weight. when i get into the swing of my schedule ill start incorperating exercise into my daily routine. i was just wondering if there were others out there doing the same thing and what their nutrition was like. i do realize its better to be fit than skinny, and exercising is a part of good health.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like to think of exercise being good for the heart and muscles. That being said, I cannot do any card as I just had a knee operation.

I'm 4 months post op and with a few sit ups and push ups daily, I have lost 32lbs. I've done it all through proper eating.
  • ShannonR16385
    ShannonR16385 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You might be lazy (as you say), but you really don't want to end up "skinny fat." If you don't know what skinny fat is, I would google it. At the very least try to get some push-ups, squats, lunges, and sit-ups in during the day. Right now your losing fat and muscle. Once you decide to start getting fit, you'll be working with nothing.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last year I was exercising 3 times a day training for a triathlon. I loved it - it was difficult for me to take a rest day.
    This year I have done very little! Work has got busy and I don't have the motivation. I don't like this me!
    It is strange how we change - perhaps you need a source of motivation - a race or something worth working out for - I'll try it too!