Can't believe my taste buds!!

Options
I'm a night shifter and frequently eat non-traditional breakfast foods. This morning I was craving a salad because one of my super thin co-workers let me taste her salad dressing last night at work. I've been staying away from salads because I only like ranch dressing and the fat content is on the high side. The dressing she let me sample was Ken's light options olive oil and vinegar and I instantly fell in love. I get to the store this morning and don't see that kind so I was forced to try something new. I got Kens light options sweet vidalia onion and wish-bone bruschetta Italian and both are ridiculously good. Sometimes it's almost unreal that there are actually foods taste good that dont have a million calories in them!

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I find that the healthiest / best / least bad foods, always taste the best.
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Newman's light honey mustard is good too :)
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    there was one day i came to my mom's house and she only had some type of honey mustard dressing and low fat seasame ginger dressing. i mixed the two together and it wasn't that bad. sometimes you just gotta step out of your comfort zone and try the stuff that you don't think you will like!
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the info. I know what you mean. I love Ranch dressing, but it is soooo fattening, and the fat free version is soooo nasty. I'll have to check this out when I go to the grocery store.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    there was one day i came to my mom's house and she only had some type of honey mustard dressing and low fat seasame ginger dressing. i mixed the two together and it wasn't that bad. sometimes you just gotta step out of your comfort zone and try the stuff that you don't think you will like!

I've always been a picky eater and afraid to try new things. Now, I have certain goals that won't happen unless I get my diet under better control. I'm being forced to find new, healthier options!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Newman's light honey mustard is good too :)
    I *LOVE* all of Newman's line!
  • beautifulbrat
    Options

I've always been a picky eater and afraid to try new things. Now, I have certain goals that won't happen unless I get my diet under better control. I'm being forced to find new, healthier options!

well, whenever i was a kid....i wasn't really into trying new things. however, we ended up with a three bite rule....you would get a little bit of it and if you didnt like it in three bites, then you didnt have to finsh it.