Goal Weight

Options
How do you determine your goal weight?

When you reach your goal weight...do you keep eating the same calories? If you do eat the same calories will you continue to lose or would you up them to maintain?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You need to up your calories to maintenance level in order to not lose or gain weight. I am currently eating a 250 calorie deficit daily and have 2 pounds until my goal. When I reach the goal, I will start eating an additional 250 calories daily so I stop losing.
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am interested in answers to this as well. I reached my goal today. I changed the goals in the program to maintain current weight, and it says I can eat 1590 calories a day.

I am terrified to eat that much! I have been eating 1200 a day for about 70 days!
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I worked with my doctor to determine my goal weight.
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I set my goal to gaining 0 lbs a week. I have kept the weight off since March.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The goal weigh on here is weird I had to manually enter what I wanted it to be. I am already eating close to my maintenance but just small enough to lose. The best thing to do is to find out what you would eat at your goal weight and then eat that. You'll eventually hit your goal weight, and then never have to change anything.

So yes, you'd need to increase your calories to your goal weight maintenance when you reach it. You may have to play around with it once you get there cause you might lose weight, or gain a little bit. But that's totally normal too in life. Check our fat2fit radio for some really good advice, with no hype.

I determined my goal weight to be what I was comfortable with in high school. I know I'm far from being in high school, but that's when I felt my best. We'll see what happens.