Darkening of the Inner Thighs

Options
Do any of you have that problem? I noticed that my inner thighs are darker than the rest of my leg. I know that the reason for this is due to my thighs rubbing together. I want to try to get rid of it - if possible. I read online that you can make a homemade mixture of body oil and lemon juice and that helps but there are also skin lightening creams. Have any of you tried either the home remedy or an of the creams out in the market? Thanks!

Replies

• specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Don't know, but I'm interested in others' responses as I have the same problem.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Waiting on others as well!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    A good product to eliminate friction is Body Glide. Or Monistat also makes one and it's cheaper.
    http://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Soothing-Powder-Gel-1-5-Ounce-Containers/dp/B000FKLKXQ

Are you sure it's due to friction? Darkening of the skin can be a sign of pre-diabetes.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insulin_resistance/article_em.htm

"People with a severe form of insulin resistance may have dark patches of skin, usually on the back of the neck. Sometimes people have a dark ring around their neck. Other possible sites for dark patches include elbows, knees, knuckles, and armpits. This condition is called acanthosis nigricans.

SOURCE: National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse, National Institutes of Health. Insulin Resistance and Pre-Diabetes."
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistance associated with PCOS can also cause these dark patches, as with prediabetes as mentioned earlier.
  • mtelt55
    mtelt55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been searching for a resolution to this problem as well. I've been testing my blood sugar to ensure that my sugar is at good levels and doesn't skyrocket or bottom out. The levels have been pretty perfect and right where they should be. The friction causes it because the skin is more sensitive and will darken when it's damaged. It's the same reason the skin under arms will darken (if not because of diabetes), it's prone to damage. I think it's Dove that has a deodorant that has vitamins to help repair damaged darkened skin under arms. lol, I've been thinking about using that for my thighs, haven't tried it yet though. I haven't heard of the oil and lemon, but I might look it up. I've been using a fade cream but not long enough for it to work, it says 3-5 months of applying two times a day.

I've since made sure that there is hardly any friction. I've been dousing my thighs with baby powder before I put my pants on. Vagisil also came out with a friction thing, I think it's a gel or lotion but it dries slick so there won't be any friction. It's right by the yeast infection medicine, I've been meaning to pick some up.

Hopefully soon I won't need anti-friction anything!

Here is part of an article c&p'ed from: http://www.skin-whitening-product.com/inner-thigh-bleaching-products.html

<<What causes dark inner thighs?

Dark spot on the groin area is due to friction or chafing. Individuals bothered by this dilemma suffer from embarrassment in their swim wear or during that intimate moment with their partner.

Tight clothing and constant rubbing against surrounding skin on inner thighs mainly contribute to the problem, the latter worsens if you’re overweight.

Birth control pills may also cause darkening of inner thighs and other pigmentations.

Be aware that a skin disorder, Acanthosis Nigricans, manifests light-to-brown-to-black markings in our skin folds of the neck, armpits, under the breasts, including the inner thighs. Consult a doctor if you suspect this, especially if you’re diabetic.

Inner thigh bleaching products and solutions

Please be reminded that a skin lightening treatment should be used externally, ok?

Prefer homemade remedies? Here are simple do-it-yourself methods.

Mix lemon and bath oil. Remember lemon can be very acidic so use just a little. Oil is needed due to lemon’s drying effects. Rub on inner thighs with your hands for 2 minutes. Leave on skin for 30 minutes before taking a bath.

Make a paste of besan, curd, lime juice and turmeric powder and apply on dark inner thighs and leave to dry. Then wash off.>>
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    maybe its just me but, since i lost weight I feel like its lightened... I was worried about that too.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I had this, but it vanished pretty quickly once I started losing weight.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste your time making home remedies. I've seen a dermatologist for melasma, a skin darkening, and I think the only thing that is generally considered to work is hydroquinone.
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste your time making home remedies. I've seen a dermatologist for melasma, a skin darkening, and I think the only thing that is generally considered to work is hydroquinone.

Hydroquinone is a carcinogen though (but, it seems like almost everything is so...)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Mix lemon and bath oil. Remember lemon can be very acidic so use just a little. Oil is needed due to lemon’s drying effects. Rub on inner thighs with your hands for 2 minutes. Leave on skin for 30 minutes before taking a bath.

Can you use baby oil? And how much lemon should you use?

EDIT:
    Found the answer to the first question here: http://darkinnerthigh.com/natural-steps-to-whiten-dark-inner-thighs/

"Lemon and Bath Oil Mixture – Slice a lemon and mix it with bath or baby oil. Take this mixture and rub them between your groin area for about 3 minutes. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on your skin for half an hour before you rinse this off."
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Try hydroquinonen cream, may have spelled that wrong, usually 2%, you can get it online at a higher strength too, although 2% is recommended.......
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    sooo motivating to hear that these dark spots fade once the weight is lost!
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem until I lost a lot of weight (this was years ago). I think that it will go away by itself once your thighs don't rub together as much. Or at least that's my experience. :-)
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any creams or lotions but have noticed as I've started to lose and tone more, it seems to be trying to get back to the same color as the rest of my body
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This forum discusses it too:
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/post3337154.html

Those that have lost weight and found the darkening went away was probably because with the weight loss the insulin resistant improved.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Hydroquinone is a carcinogen though (but, it seems like almost everything is so...)

Yeh but some things better than this.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have insulin resistance/PCOS and this is one of the factors they used to diagnose me. I also have dark patches under my arms and on the back of my neck
  • nicholewatson509
    Options
    Been using Intimate Lightening Serum Of Dermalmd for 3 months for my dark spots and they are fading from inner thighs,and i also used on face it doesn't peel my face like other dark spot removers. I highly recommend it just be consistent
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    mtelt55 wrote: »
    I've been searching for a resolution to this problem as well. I've been testing my blood sugar to ensure that my sugar is at good levels and doesn't skyrocket or bottom out. The levels have been pretty perfect and right where they should be. The friction causes it because the skin is more sensitive and will darken when it's damaged. It's the same reason the skin under arms will darken (if not because of diabetes), it's prone to damage. I think it's Dove that has a deodorant that has vitamins to help repair damaged darkened skin under arms. lol, I've been thinking about using that for my thighs, haven't tried it yet though. I haven't heard of the oil and lemon, but I might look it up. I've been using a fade cream but not long enough for it to work, it says 3-5 months of applying two times a day.

I've since made sure that there is hardly any friction. I've been dousing my thighs with baby powder before I put my pants on. Vagisil also came out with a friction thing, I think it's a gel or lotion but it dries slick so there won't be any friction. It's right by the yeast infection medicine, I've been meaning to pick some up.

Hopefully soon I won't need anti-friction anything!

Here is part of an article c&p'ed from: http://www.skin-whitening-product.com/inner-thigh-bleaching-products.html

<<What causes dark inner thighs?

Dark spot on the groin area is due to friction or chafing. Individuals bothered by this dilemma suffer from embarrassment in their swim wear or during that intimate moment with their partner.

Tight clothing and constant rubbing against surrounding skin on inner thighs mainly contribute to the problem, the latter worsens if you’re overweight.

Birth control pills may also cause darkening of inner thighs and other pigmentations.

Be aware that a skin disorder, Acanthosis Nigricans, manifests light-to-brown-to-black markings in our skin folds of the neck, armpits, under the breasts, including the inner thighs. Consult a doctor if you suspect this, especially if you’re diabetic.

Inner thigh bleaching products and solutions

Please be reminded that a skin lightening treatment should be used externally, ok?

Prefer homemade remedies? Here are simple do-it-yourself methods.

Make a paste of besan, curd, lime juice and turmeric powder and apply on dark inner thighs and leave to dry. Then wash off.>>

Turmeric powder??? So your legs just turn yellow instead?

• Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cubanita28 wrote: »
    Do any of you have that problem? I noticed that my inner thighs are darker than the rest of my leg. I know that the reason for this is due to my thighs rubbing together. I want to try to get rid of it - if possible. I read online that you can make a homemade mixture of body oil and lemon juice and that helps but there are also skin lightening creams. Have any of you tried either the home remedy or an of the creams out in the market? Thanks!

I drink a gallon of water a day and it straightened itself out. My skin is amazing right now