what I'm I doing wrong?

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been dieting for about 2 months now and nothing seems to be budging :#:'(
I track what I eat on the app, I'm 5,7 and I weighed 90 kg before I started my weight loss journey, having weighed myself today I'm 93 kg, so I'm shocked if I'm doing the wrong thing here. I have a 200 protein shake in the morning and lunch, then the main meal in eve, fish 3 sweet potatoes and 150 grams of mixed veg for a whole week .then oats 150 /soy milk and 20 grams of dried fruit for breakfast and one main meal in eve, coffees and teas no sugar and occasionally 75 grams of skinny choc. about 1000 water ml
I can't even complete my food logging as I haven't eaten enough.

Replies

• shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Could it be something else worth checking out with your doctor? Have you started any medication that could be hindering your weight loss?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    ...or you need to see a doctor.

I'd also add that eating so little is just shooting yourself in the foot. It stresses the body, then cortisol levels rise and that creates water retention. It's likely one or all of these and the things goal06082021 said above.

Set your goals to, "Lose 1 pound per week," or even "Lose 1/2 pound per week." Eat what it tells you to, not under it by 700 calories. Eat more on days you exercise.

Here's how your goals are calculated:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625391-How-does-MyFitnessPal-calculate-my-initial-goals-

...and here's a great thread from a knowledgeable personal trainer to read:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • lexj1
    lexj1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and weigh everything, using cups or estimating is just not going to work. Also, be honest with yourself, if you eat it log it. When you eat within the calories that MFP tells you too, you will lose weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    please make your diary public so we can actually SEE it.

If someone is not losing any weight in that time frame, I will almost always say it is a logging error somewhere, until I can see otherwise.

SO....

you are (most likely) eating more than you THINK you are. Even if you THINK you are logging correctly. It is a very very very common mistake.

There are other possible explanations, but this is the easiest one to rule out, IF you open your diary.

The next obvious one falls into the same category... Are you eating back exercise calories, and if so, how are you calculating those, and how many of them are you eating back? Which ALSO can be found out by seeing your diary.

I find it difficult to believe that you are eating sub 1000 calories regularly and NOT losing weight. I was on a med earlier this year that took my appetite away pretty much altogether. I have a slower than average metabolism to begin with, and am very short, and in my 40s, which means I have to eat (and am USED to eating ) a very small amount in the first place to lose weight. I was eating around 800 calories a day. And losing almost 3 pounds a WEEK. And my doctor was on me like a HAWK. As he should have been. I wasn't on the med long, maybe a month, but it still took time for my body to straighten itself out after.

So... I find it hard to believe that you are eating that little... and NOT losing weight.

Please open your diary.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Sorry to butt in, but, @callsitlikeiseeit -

How are you getting to their profile page? (Web version)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

If you go to their forum profile, delete 'community.' from the web address to see their profile page.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

If you go to their forum profile, delete 'community.' from the web address to see their profile page.

Thank you!! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I’m confused. You’ve been tracking with the app for two months, yet you joined a few days ago? How does that work? OP also hasn’t been back since posting. 🤦🏻‍♀️

All y’all’s excellent advice for naught. So sad.

yeah but.... how many times a week do we see the same exact post from someone ELSE? LOL maybe it will make THEM think.

or at least open their diary before posting.
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I think it may be time to break out this handy-dandy infographic

ah2z9mojlill.jpg

Sorry OP, but you are not the one being in the history of the world whose body magically violates the laws of thermodynamics (and if I am wrong about that, your body is literally worth billions to R&D companies).

how do i not have that one? I mean, i dont have ANY of mine on this new computer (still havent moved files over) but i know what ones i have and i dont have that one. Now i do. Thanks! LOL
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    underreported calories by over 1000!!!! When math is not a strong suit, buy a scale and no excuses
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    Also, subject #9 goes on a diet to gain weight
  • Kitush1586
    Kitush1586 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joined last year but serious weight loss for 2 months now
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    why are you on the cabbage soup diet? You really need to increase your calories.
  • Barbo100
    Barbo100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your body will be in starvation mode and you must be feeling under par.

I am sedentary and I was recommended 1200 calories a day by MFP. That really worked for me. I noticed I plateaued if I ate nearer 1000 calories, so eating such a small amount is not good for you and not good for weight loss either.
    I aimed for 300-400 calories per meal.
  • RoughWatersCalmSailor
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth. There's a chart that used to float around the forums for these exact moments. I don't have much insight into OP's diet but my 2 cents is they are logging low cal foods and then secretly binging due to being hungry which is why there hasn't been any progress.