Pray for me and I'll pray for you

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
I have recently been impressed with the power of prayer. It is easy to think that God is not in the miracle business but he certainly is! For instance, through prayer my friend who has been epeleptic his entire life is now off his seizure meds and is seizure free for over 10 years. My friend shot himself in the head last year, severed and artery and lodged the bullet into his 3rd vertibrate. The doctors didn't know what to do for him because, in recorded medical history, no one has ever survived with the bath the bullet took. He was supposed to never be able to talk to eat solid food again. He has made a full recovery and you would never be able to tell that anything had happened....need more concinving? Just ask and I will tell you even more!

Anyway, I thought it would be good to put up some prayer requests and praises. If you're not the praying type but want prayer cool, if you are the praying type then pray for a few of the requests. My prayer right now is for financial security as my husband and I try to get things lined up for me to get out of the military.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Replies

• roebuck1908
    Options
    Why did GOd let your friend shoot himself then ?Was it a sign
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I thank god multiple times a day! Prayer has been a strong staple in our endeavors to get healthy again. I have seen prayer do alot as well. I believe God meant for this life to be great and enjoyed....I intend to keep on doing that.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My prayer right now is for financial security as my husband and I try to get things lined up for me to get out of the military.

Even if there is a God, why would he care about one families financial situation (there are counties that are war torn, and are having trouble even feeding themselves that require much more attention/help). Instead of praying for something to happen, take action and make it happen.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My prayer right now is for financial security as my husband and I try to get things lined up for me to get out of the military.

Even if there is a God, why would he care about one families financial situation (there are counties that are war torn, and are having trouble even feeding themselves that require much more attention/help). Instead of praying for something to happen, take action and make it happen.

I don't think she necessarily meant for God to just hand her money. Praying is just the first step.....of course you have to take action as well.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Can someone pray to a God for me to lose 30lbs this week? Let's see if miracles happen.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    ....need more concinving? Just ask and I will tell you even more!

I need more convincing.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I need more convincing.

Not me! I will pray for you lady, it is an honor
  • millymoozie
    Options
    we all used to wish & look forward to father christmas coming aswell & i so knew the flower fairies in my garden were real ,but then i grew up ,logic & the facts of evolution takes over ,im glad the doctors were able to help your friends ,they train very hard & for a long time to be able to help people .
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread, as well as offer a preview of some changes that will be debuted soon at MyFitnessPal. These changes are being made with the express purpose of allowing more leeway in terms of what users can freely post on the site.

The forum guidelines include this item:

13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss any of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

In the past, with only a small crew of volunteer moderators to help keep the dialogue on the site positive and supportive, Mike has reluctantly had to create a rule which disallows any posts about these potentially divisive topics. Mike would greatly prefer to allow all of these topics to be discussed on the site, but so far, we haven’t had the resources to moderate such topics in a manageable fashion. Often the tone of the original thread is harmless, but as the threads proceed, members participating in such topics have been subject to insults or attacks, feelings have gotten hurt, and in more instances than we would like, a moderator wasn’t able to step in quickly enough to prevent this from happening.

To help the situation and with the purpose of really letting conversation on the site blossom, two things are being done: the team is training more moderators, and the site will soon feature a new “Groups” feature.

With Groups, Members will be able to form their own groups and invite other members to join. Each group would have it’s own forum, and group forums would have much more leeway in the range of topics discussed. So, for example, you’ll absolutely be able to create a faith-based, or politically leaning support group and discuss the exact range of topics you’d like to discuss. Groups will be able to host a much more diverse and mature range of conversations, and because groups will be able to moderate themselves, we hope they’ll be much better at protecting some of our more targeted populations from unwanted hassle. We plan to heavily promote the existence of groups to all of our members, fostering strong participation and hopefully giving you exactly the community experience you are looking for on our site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding. We’re committed to making MyFitnessPal a place where all members can communicate openly in a supportive, and positive environment that helps them to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.

With respect,
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.