Never too old to start!

Options
Hi everyone!!
I just joined a few minutes ago and I'm a grandmother of five and looking forward to shedding the excess weight I've been carrying around for several years now. I joined a local fitness center and plan on working out 3 days a week. I have 100 pounds to lose and being a Christian, I'm planning on doing daily praying along with my exercise and weight loss program. I am a size 24-26 woman's size right now, and I'm looking forward to a "new and improved, "Nana"!!! HA!!

Blessings,
Nancy

Replies

• nancymc
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I just joined a few minutes ago and I'm a grandmother of five and looking forward to shedding the excess weight I've been carrying around for several years now. I joined a local fitness center and plan on working out 3 days a week. I have 100 pounds to lose and being a Christian, I'm planning on doing daily praying along with my exercise and weight loss program. I am a size 24-26 woman's size right now, and I'm looking forward to a "new and improved, "Nana"!!! HA!!

Blessings,
    Nancy
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Great to have you!:happy:
  • nicole0177
    Options
    Good for you and your right its never to late to make yourself feel good!!! Good luck and i hope everything goes the way u plan!!!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Welcome!!!

You'll find this is a great spot for support & motivation.

Good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Old naw never!! welcome...:happy:

dd
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad to have you! You'll love this site!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Nancy! I'm so glad you've joined us. :smile: You absolutely can do this.

Remember: God created and knit together your body. He wants nothing more than to see you take good care of it. He WILL help you.
  • sierrasummer
    Options
    You go girl :happy: !
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • desertchic
    Options
    I'm sure glad we're never to old!! Welcome to the site and God's blessings on your effort. I know I'm relying on Him too! With God all things are possible!!!
    God Bless
    Barb
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You've made the perfect start! This is a great site to help you and encourage you. Welcome!
    Cowboy
  • kpcatlovers
    Options
    Hi!

You`re not old! Look at me, I`m 57yrs old. I been going up & down on my weight for the longest time. Till last summer, the YMCA had a competition called Win to Lose 2together. I lost 32lbs & my husband lost 25lbs within 5 months. Now, that it is over, I gained 14lbs. YIKES! This website is GREAT!!! You can do it.

Pat:smile:
  • nancymc
    Options
    Thank you SO much for your words of encouragement!!!! I was hoping to find a support group with other Christian women and thank God I found it!! I hope you're doing well and I hope I can add you to my Buddy List!! :smile:

Nancy :heart:
  • nancymc
    Options
    Thanks Barb for the warm welcome!!! I'm so thankful to find a site that has so many wonderful women of faith!! :smile:

Have a wonderful day and let me how you're doing.

Blessings,
  • nancymc
    Options
    Hi Cowboy!
    Your picture of the horses is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for taking the time to welcome me to this community for weight loss support. I appreciate any and all words of encouragement. I pray God will bless you with his peace and be your constant companion on your journey to meet your personal goals.

Blessings,
  • nancymc
    Options
    Thanks Alaska Gal!

I love the pic of your little "baby"! :laugh: My little baby is a one year old Shih-tzu named Maggie Mae. Thanks for the greeting and I hope you're doing great today and that today brings you one day closer to your goal weight! :happy:

Blessings,
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nancy.

I'm also a Christian and I thank God for each accomplishment I make in my weight loss. I know I couldn't do it on my own but with God all things are possible.

Good luck to you and keep us informed on your progress.

God bless you.

Betty :flowerforyou:
  • nancymc
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and God bless you for sharing your faith!!! :heart:

Blessings,
    Nancy
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome , I believe prayers have led me to this site......:smile: