ARRRRRGGGG

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
Okay, so I am SUPER frustrated! My mini goal (2 lbs per week) was to be 209 lbs on Thursday, March 5. I was sad because I was off by 1 lb weighing in at 210. Sad, but it was acceptable as it was still a LOSS. Well! I got on the scale on Saturday... 214.5! So I went for a brisk 40 minute walk (in -30 C!) played some hardcore racquetball for 40 minutes, swam vigorous laps for 20 minutes and ended with a nice 5 minute steam. Yesterday (Monday, March 9) I get on the scale and weigh in at 219! Are you freaking kidding me? So last night I went to the pool again and did 30 minutes of water volleyball, 60 minutes of laps, followed by 10 minutes of steam room).... 217 today but DAMN. What is going on with my body? I had 1 bad day where I didn't log (I was home sick with Kidney Stones and my comp was in the shop). I probably went over by 1,000 calories for the day... but that was just 1 day! How can I gain 9 freaking pounds in less than a week by only going over for 1 day and working my butt off for the rest of the week? And no, it's not even my TM (though I may sound kinda b.i.t.c.h.y. today, lol).

Sigh. I hate my body and its rouge ways! Have any of you had this happen? I'm so afraid to get on the scale : (

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am SUPER frustrated! My mini goal (2 lbs per week) was to be 209 lbs on Thursday, March 5. I was sad because I was off by 1 lb weighing in at 210. Sad, but it was acceptable as it was still a LOSS. Well! I got on the scale on Saturday... 214.5! So I went for a brisk 40 minute walk (in -30 C!) played some hardcore racquetball for 40 minutes, swam vigorous laps for 20 minutes and ended with a nice 5 minute steam. Yesterday (Monday, March 9) I get on the scale and weigh in at 219! Are you freaking kidding me? So last night I went to the pool again and did 30 minutes of water volleyball, 60 minutes of laps, followed by 10 minutes of steam room).... 217 today but DAMN. What is going on with my body? I had 1 bad day where I didn't log (I was home sick with Kidney Stones and my comp was in the shop). I probably went over by 1,000 calories for the day... but that was just 1 day! How can I gain 9 freaking pounds in less than a week by only going over for 1 day and working my butt off for the rest of the week? And no, it's not even my TM (though I may sound kinda b.i.t.c.h.y. today, lol).

Sigh. I hate my body and its rouge ways! Have any of you had this happen? I'm so afraid to get on the scale : (
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Jdelisle, it's ok. don't stress yourself out, stress causes weight gain!! (no joke) it causes the body to store fat. now, try something for me, please read Scales, Who needs them? post. and please do not allow your scales to be your benchmark. It's not about scales, it's about your body fat %. if you're working out, and working hard, you're going to be putting on lean muscle. and muscle weighs more than fat. Seriously, read the scales post it explains it in detail. and why not to use them as your only or really any benchmark for fitness or "weight loss" goals.
    And YES it happens to EVERYONE that uses scales as their only form of benchmarking. Please don't get frustrated.. it's not worth it!!!! I promise..
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is almost a full days of food it can have negative effects...also its really about what kind of calories they were for instance high in sodium or fat content...juts keep working at it ..its just a hurdle ...fight fight fight lol thats what i do when i feel discouraged....more than likely your water intake was crazy while you were excercising..thats a good thing it just takes 3-5 days for it all to come off sometimes if we retain water.keep working at it..no reason to be frustrated so early in the game..you can do it!!
  • vicmartinez05
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself so often. Just keep working hard and your results will come. You lost 19Lbs, and i am sure it wasnt easy... So just keep on pushin!

If you dont Grind you dont Shine!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This happens to me ALL the time. I've really stopped paying attention to the scale cause it just frusterates me and makes no sense. So just try and eat right, excercise and the fat will come off. Weight yourself like every two weeks instead? Thats what I do.
    Don't let the scale sabbotage you! It's probably just water weight fluctuations anyways.
    It would be impossible to gain that much weight that quickly anyways unless you were consistently over eating. One pound of fat is 3500 calories, add that to your resting calories X everyday, thats alot of food. Ignore the scale.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I know how you feel, but I think you are weighing urself wayyyyy too much and spending too much time focusing on the scale. Try measuring urself and seeing how many inches you have lost or going by how ur clothes fit. You can drink a glass of water and weigh more then you did a minute ago. Put the scale away!
  • tigeress4
    tigeress4 Posts: 13
    Options
    hey. don't let the scale rule you. I personally hate scales. I use Fabric tape to see how many inches i have lost, it makes me feel better than geting on a scale and seeing i have lost only 1 pound but worked my axx off all week. I do own a scale, i just not make it a point in weighing myself everyday.
    It problay just is water and muscle gain anyway. you are doing just fine.:drinker:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Stress does cause weight gain. So keep that in mind!

Also...read other posts about how people gained wieght, but stuck to it, worked out harder in frustration and then BAM all of a sudden they lost a bunch. Who knows...keep up all those work outs and I bet you'll lose too! :flowerforyou: