Setting app to lose 0.5lb/week

Options
Does anyone find setting the app to lose 0.5 lb per week find that they aren’t as restricted and therefore don’t overeat?

Replies

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I agree with the previous comments completely! I'd add that it is harder to see actual loss over daily water fluctuations, so using a weight trending app and weighing frequently can really help keep you going. For example, if I were weighing myself once per week (which is very common), I would get discouraged if I just happened to weigh myself on last week's "low" and this week's "high". Daily weighing and a trending app have helped keep me sane with this slow rate of loss.

I've lost about 10 pounds in 4 months and it has been relatively easy. Small changes to portion sizes (and no more random binging on chips!) with a concerted effort to eat all of my protein allotment has been pretty sustainable.

Good luck!
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Take longer, get stronger, and don't be a food-monger. Hey, I just made that up!

I'd buy that shirt! I see a product line in your future. :smiley:
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I've always lost at a rate of about 2lbs/mo. It's easy, comfortable, sustainable, and at a certain point you just stop losing, and voila, you're in effortless maintenance because you don't need to change anything.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get anxiety when I see that I don't have a lot of calories left in the day, which ironically would cause me to overeat. By setting my deficit to 250 calories and increasing my NEAT, I was able to lose those last few stubborn 10 lbs.
  • Lullaby2021
    Lullaby2021 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's much more easy that way. Eating too low lead to binges or ditching Wl all together.
    I lost 27.8 pounds before. eating way too low, I was restricted and tired all the time. I kept off the weight. It wasn't super extreme. Starting at 168lbs, I should of been eating. more than 1200 calories per day for sure. Now back to lose more (10lbs). At 0.5lbs perweek. I eat 1,430 perday. only when I exercise I eat over that. Have enough room for treats and to keep my nutrients up everyday. unlike before in the past(Last year).