What's for Breakfast?

Options
kajones2009
kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
I have Cheerios, English Muffins, Bagels, tortillas, Frozen turkey sausage, egg whites, peanut butter, Jelly, bread.. and a few other things that i wouldnt count as breakfast items lol... any ideas

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put a bagel half in a skillet and break an egg into the hole...egg toast...but with a bagel! I make these for my husband before he leaves for work :)
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This morning i had a packet of quaker original oatmeal w/ almond milk (vanilla)
    then i stirred in a tablespoon of peanut butter.
    Yum :)
  • nikkiverdon
    Options
    Cereal is a big favourite of mine- its so quick and satisfying. This morning was Mini wheats and 2% milk.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would scramble the egg, put it with the sausage and wrap it in the tortilla.
  • mosterhaus
    Options
    Sometimes I put a bagel half in a skillet and break an egg into the hole...egg toast...but with a bagel! I make these for my husband before he leaves for work :)

I love this! I'm gonna have to steal this!
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    1 large banana sliced, topped with 1 tbsp. ground golden flax seed, with 20 raw almonds
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal, 2 hard boiled eggs (one with yolk, one without) and a piece of fruit.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Bowl of Oatmeal w/1Cup of frozen blueberries & 2 Fried eggs..... weigh in at 370 calories! Scrumptious, and it last til lunch!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    egg whites and spinach with salsa..yummy!!!!
  • jeanmarcotte
    jeanmarcotte Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eggs. No carbs in eggs. I really like TIm Farris's method of eating eggs with salsa.
  • skippykip
    skippykip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy those new delights frozen sandwiches by jimmy dean. I'm sure they are not "the best" but they have egg whites, and while wheat english muffins. I also like lox on bagel thins with lf cream cheese and whatever toppings you want (veggie wise).
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Apple cinnamon oatmeal with two or three slices of lower-sodum turkey bacon
    or
    Huevos rancheros-ish thing : 1 microwaved egg, a black bean morning star pattie, heated up salsa on top with either a laughing cow swiss or a babybel, or both :D
    or
    a one egg omelet with a bonbel cheese and random veggies in it :D

not the most balanced breakfasts but i like them! I need to start adding in fruit like an orange or grapefruit
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/4 C oatmeal cooked in Silk Milk with a dollop of Better'n PB, a dollop of SF blackberry jam, and a hot banana on top
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree with making a breakfast burrito, or sandwich with the english muffins/bagel.

My breakfast this morning was something similar - 2 eggs over medium with low fat pepper jack on a sandwich thin. Delicious and filling!
  • cacraft
    Options
    Lots of oatmeal people here - it's so filling!
    I cook up a 1/3 cup and add 2 Tblsp ground flax seed and 1/4 cup blueberries.
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    Bumpity Bump
  • harmony223
    harmony223 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Quaker's Low Sugar Oatmeal (made with 1/2 cup of skim) and two Banquet sausage links......then I killed it with a Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Coffee (should of looked up the values before I drank it....its more than all my food combined...360 calories, 49 carbs and 12 fat...no bueno!!)

:(
  • kajones2009
    Options
    1/4 C oatmeal cooked in Silk Milk with a dollop of Better'n PB, a dollop of SF blackberry jam, and a hot banana on top

Hmm a hot banana? that sounds interesting, I dont really like banana's does making it hot make it better?
  • kajones2009
    Options
    I think I'm going with a "hot" breakfast, Sausage eggs and half an english muffin, thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!! But tell me Fat Free Milk v/s Almond Milk.. what's the difference. I hear/see a lot of people talk about Almond Milk. I absolutely love milk and its a must have in my house. So if one is better than the other than I will go with that!!!..