Hi from Michigan

Options
Hi all. Happy thanksgiving. Anyone else use the premium version and what’s the pros of being a paying member?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,847 Member
    Options
    Hi there, fellow Michigander! (I'm in the palm of the mitten.)

Premium has some great features, but whether a given person will benefit depends on their needs. Take a look at the features in the docs, see what you think.

I like the ability to adjust macros in finer detail than 5% increments, and designate where extra calories go from exercise. Newer folks might like that there are a wider range of formal plans and workout routines with premium (in the phone/tablet apps, not available in the web version), but those aren't useful/important to me because I already had a fitness routine when I got here, and have my own way of planning eating. People doing low carb or keto might like the net carbs calculations being available in premium, rather than doing the math manually. And so forth.

I suspect that for a lot of people just starting - unless they want the plans and workout routines - the free version will be adequate, and some of the other premium features could become more desirable lateronce they get past the basics, but that's just a guess. Also, I know some people are more likely to take a new thing seriously if they pay money, which is another thing to consider.

Best wishes for success, no matter what you decide!
  • mj8brewer
    mj8brewer Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hey, Utah here! I’m a premium member and quite pleased to admit it. Before, I used a program called LoseIt! and wasn’t nearly as impressed as I am with MyFitnessPal, especially the details that come with a premium membership. Between the articles and details of my weight loss, especially tracking carbs, proteins, and fats, I’ve learned a lot about the importance of all three. I couldn’t figure out why I was unable to lose weight with lots of protein and less carbs. I’ve been doing that forever and couldn’t figure it out.

Finally, after coming across an article that explained the different body types and the effects and percentages of weight loss, it hit me hard across the nose! Carbs are important too!

Right now, I’ve got a bit of a weight loss lull. But considering my binge on COVID 19 for over 3 weeks, including 4 days of being unable to eat and a 105.4 temperature for 3 days, I’m happy to announce I’ve managed to equalize my weight out to where I should be. I’ve been fortunate and almost out the other side. Thank goodness.

Hopefully everyone else has had an opportunity to scroll through all of the nuances of this site. The choices and tools are pretty fabulous.

And as an added bonus, a suggestion (for serious-minded weight management) check out the Enpho website. Although I am not a salesperson for the company, I do have several of their devices found to be especially helpful. The scale is incredible—tracking things from weight to subcutaneous and visceral fat to protein and even your health age… They have a tape measure designed to take your own measurements without dancing around with a tape measure, chasing the end. They have a mask that seriously aids in a fantastic nights’ sleep (a few bugs, but worth it), and I would not suggest their leg massagers… just saying.

Anyway, if you’re only interested in one—get the scale and hook it to your phone. You’ll be so glad you did.

Starting off at 208 lbs., I was embarrassed and defeated. At 182.4, I’m not as far along as I’d hoped to be, but I am moving in the right direction to hit 150. I’ve missed my mark of February, but that’s okay. As long as I keep my momentum and continue in the right direction, I’ll get there eventually. And honestly, I’d rather get there slowly and methodically than lose a bunch at one time and be paranoid of gaining it back quickly.

Here’s to us and our success—supporting each other in our individual journeys and planning on celebrating with each at the goal of our journey. Remember, the fight will never end, but with practice, it will definitely become easier and happier. Cheers to us and our dedication to be the very best versions of ourselves.