hey!

Options
i'm paula, am 51, and weigh 167 give or take. although i'm tall i'm really small boned so i can't carry extra weight. i currently look like a large chicken- all that weight on my butt and belly. just 4 years ago i was running 4 miles cross county thru the woods, now i am really out of shape. it goes quick.

i have been trying to loose weight and exercise since january but i procrastinated and haven't struck with anything. now it's time for shorts and i haven't gotten started. so i hope this site helps.

for years i have been a stay at home mom homeschooling our 4 kids. now everyone is out the door but our youngest daughter who's 16. i feel like it's time for me now. i'm really excited about this next phase of my life, but am really down on how i look.

glad to meet you all!

Replies

• irmacoronado
    irmacoronado Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula! Thanks for the words of encouragement! It's nice to meet someone who is starting out around the same time as me, this way we can help each other out, good luck and stay in touch!
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Paula, we're in the "sorta' same boat. ! I loved reading this post because we know what we need to do to get it back together. I'm also 51 and have used MFP for a while. It's a great app! I'm also periomenopausal so stuff that used to slide off is sticking around! I was doing really well, despite the pandemic, but some how (?!?!) gained 15lbs since April of this year. I'm getting back to working out, meal planning and food tracking. That will get us to the finish line!