:(

Options
2»

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    In addition to advising you to seek help from a professional, because this is a serious problem, could I ask that you don't just use emoticons as title for posts.

It basically forces people who are merely curious and concerned into reading your post. In this case, this is a conversation best left between you and the forum moderator. This is a little manipulative, even if it's unintentional.

How the Hell is an emoticon manipulative?

My objection centered around the fact that it was just an emoticon. Had the title read, "Help with eating disorder :(" I would have skipped over it and left it to people who might help. As it happens, I had to read the post on this very personal/sensitive topic before deciding whether or not I even wanted to in the first place. Would you prefer the term deceptive instead manipulative? Retract the claws, if you don't mind.
    I didn't make you read it though. You could of ignored the "emoticon" and passed it by. Or read the topic and just left anyway.

I don't agree with that she was perusing and saw it with no idea what it was about once she read it damage done like a car wreck you know....but you didn't do it on purpose. But do read this again when you are feeling close to doing that whatever helps you take a step back you know.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    In addition to advising you to seek help from a professional, because this is a serious problem, could I ask that you don't just use emoticons as title for posts.

It basically forces people who are merely curious and concerned into reading your post. In this case, this is a conversation best left between you and the forum moderator. This is a little manipulative, even if it's unintentional.

My objection centered around the fact that it was just an emoticon. Had the title read, "Help with eating disorder :(" I would have skipped over it and left it to people who might help. As it happens, I had to read the post on this very personal/sensitive topic before deciding whether or not I even wanted to in the first place. Would you prefer the term deceptive instead manipulative? Retract the claws, if you don't mind.
    I didn't make you read it though. You could of ignored the "emoticon" and passed it by. Or read the topic and just left anyway.

I don't agree with that she was perusing and saw it with no idea what it was about once she read it damage done like a car wreck you know....but you didn't do it on purpose. But do read this again when you are feeling close to doing that whatever helps you take a step back you know.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options

We aren't writing an essay. We're chatting on forums.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I agree with your observation :) We are indeed chatting on forums. It doesn't seem really relevant to the conversation, though, does it? Unless you're imply that a 4 word title constitutes an essay, in which case we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Have a good day, and best wishes to all.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options

I agree with your observation :) We are indeed chatting on forums. It doesn't seem really relevant to the conversation, though, does it? Unless you're imply that a 4 word title constitutes an essay, in which case we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You're thirty-three years old and you're arguing with a teenager. Congratulations.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

You're thirty-three years old and you're arguing with a teenager. Congratulations.

*shrug* You're an adult. I could treat you like a child if you prefer, but I thought you might find it offensive. Nothing I've said indicates a lack of respect. It's a pity it didn't go both ways.

I meant what I said about wishing you (and everyone else) well.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

You started arguing with him in the first place....and to think you accused me of trolling earlier? Psh.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Woah... wait... I thought this was an ADULT fitness website.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

Woah... wait... I thought this was an ADULT fitness website.
    Last time i checked it was 18 and up and 18 year olds aren't adults
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    She's 16, I think.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    She's 16, I think.
    I know how old she is, she's like one of my best friends XD
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options
    She's 16, I think.

LOL. I'm not sixteen, honey.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    She's 16, I think.

Sorry. It used to say that on your profile. Maybe you had a birthday?

And calling me "honey" really isn't necessary. You said you were a teenager and the other poster said you were an adult. I was trying to clear up confusion.

I genuinely hope you guys are having fun.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    She's 16, I think.

OooOoO Honey and the condescending terms of endearment come out. Sorry but that really lets the immaturity show.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Either way.
    Back to the topic.
    I am a professional. It is never a good idea to purge, NEVER. Please contact and seek help from a trained medical practitioner in your area. Your life depends on it. You are worth your best efforts to be healthy.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Due to the fact that this thread has not maintained a respectful discussion, it will be locked.

As for OP: Eating disorders are a serious issue, please seek professional advice.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-help-today/
    1-800-931-2237

Thank you for participating.
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.