My introduction

Options
Hello all! So I found this website and I LOVE how easy it is to use! I've tried many others and they get to be so much work that it becomes annoying. I like that this is so easy and it actually has food that I eat in the database!

So I joined because I am tired of being the floating head. This is what I hear all the time from people - "you have a really pretty face." Ugh, I HATE that!!!!! I know I should be flattered but I'm not because it makes me feel like a floating head. So my goal is to hear someday, "you're a pretty woman". I know I should be happy with myself and all that but after my divorce last year, I'm not feeling too great. I want to walk into a room again and not feel like people are staring at me because they're mortified that I'm out in public and as extreme as that may sound, that's how I feel. I want to walk past a glass reflection of myself and not feel sick to my stomach or need to turn away so I don't cry. I want to walk proud again and be healthy.

So, here's to a new me and new yous!!!!! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site

you will find plenty of support on here, anything you need to know either use the search tool just above ^^^ or ask on the forums.

Good luck
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Sorry to hear that you feel that way about your body sometimes but with the help of MFP you will get that confident stride in no time. Eating better and exercise will do a lot to build that confidence. There are lots of great resources. The forums are full of friendly people and there are some very motivational stories in the success stories section. Good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Hello! I too have been/am the floating head...as much in my own head as in everyone elses eyes! "so funny, so friendly, pretty face" oh and my personal favourite my sister talking to other people "i am JUST like my sister i mean we look NOTHING alike but we are just the same"...we look quite a lot alike actually...more a before and after ;) she thought she was being nice saying how close we were...and in fact i just wanted to cry hahaha so here i am!

Good luck with your weightloss i'll help anyway i can :)

x
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Take it one day at a time and keep track of all that you eat, and introduce exercise and you'll for sure see success. Good luck :-)
  • donalwryan
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've used this for a while but never too seriously, so have joined the community to see if I can stick to it this time!