No snacks. No sweets. No seconds. Except on days that start with S.

Options
I'm in maintenance mode and only count calories when I start trending upwards. I've been searching for how to portion control without counting calories and the discussion title is the best solution I've run into so far. Is called the No S Diet. Pretty clever, thought I'd share.

2j7bxuc4tdqp.jpg

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I like it.

I mean, for me there have to be *some* boundaries on my food but I'm not willing to give up sweets (and I don't eat them in moderation, one pack is one serving) and I do have snacks but they're figured into my daily numbers and seconds? No seconds, my meals are prelogged and in the portions I need. That would mean logging again and ANGTFT. Oh, yeah, I do still log my food so I guess the whole idea for you is to not log food?
    I've proven over and over that I have to log food.

Other than that it's just kind of the same food rules mom had. "Eat your meals. You don't get a snack, it will spoil your dinner. Desserts are for the Special Days."
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I'm all for doing what works for you, so if that helps you maintain, then that's great.

It would not work for me. I need flexibility, not "rules". I always hated "diet rules" because they make me feel like a child.
    If I want to have dessert on a Tuesday, I'm not going to say that I have to wait until Saturday to have it.
    I feel comfortable moderating everything that I eat 7 days a week, and that works for me.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Finding what works personally is the only way.

For me, I put off/delay eating that snack/dessert until the weekend I'm going to eat a lot more of it than if I just eat the thing when I first wanted it. Turns into a bigger deal in my head for the delay.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Whatever works! Keep track and see if it works for you! Good luck!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Good luck but it wouldn't be for me, I'm not good at other people's rules!
    Having five days with added restrictions over and above eating a suitable amount of food would feel like being on a never-ending diet to me.

The fewest restrictions the better for me and the happier I am. The happier I am the easier long term maintenance is.

I have hugely variable calorie needs day to day and if a high calorie day doesn't fall on a weekend that really wouldn't be at all a sensible routine for me to follow. Monitoring my weight trend and mindful eating work for me.

Worth a try if it appeals to you, experimentation is a good thing IMHO.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    I guess the basis of it is cut out extras like snacks, sweets etc but dont make them banned entirely.

and most people's special meals and more relaxed life in general happens on week ends

but then flexi that to your own situation - I'm sure if you go out for a special meal on a Tues you could have dessert that day instead of Saturday that week ,that sort of thing.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,538 Member
    Options
    When I read the title, I mistakenly thought it said "except for days which END with S", and I was like, wait a minute... lol