Stuck for 2 months! Help!

Options
Ahh, I originally lost 10kgs on myfitnesspal and after putting 4kg back on i've returned. I've been eating the 1200 cal limit for 2 months now (weighing the food and everything) and running for 30min every second day, as well as walking for an hour 3 days a week. The scales have not moved in the slightest. And nor have the measurements (so I don't think it's muscle weight or anything because I'm not looking any more trim!). The only thing different to last time is that I'm doing more exercise! What's going on!
Help!

Replies

• stephanie012000
    stephanie012000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to vary your workout? I've hear that it helps to change things up from time to time, that bodies get used to a certain routine.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Eat more food :) Or try zig zagging! It's worked really well for me. Good luck, your diligence is really great! It must be frustrating :/
  • pizzom
    Options
    Make sure you update your goals with a goal weight and the associated weekly loss (examples: 1, 1.5, or 3 lbs/week). This adjusts your daily calorie limit. Also, remember that with exercise on the scale that you are talking you can't equate to continuous loss. It is possible that you lost a good bit of fat (loss of weight) while at the same time put on some muscle which increases weight. I have also watched many female struggle with the weight. its just easier for guys to change weight; much harder for women to show sustained weight losses week after week. Stick with it. I remember once when I was dieting, I was exericising like crazy and watching what I ate. I went about 3 or 4 weeks with no loss and then all of the sudden 8 lbs popped off. Again, stick with it and count those calories! Good luck.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What does your MFP calorie guide say? If you're not eating enough calories that could be it, as you are going into starvation mode. Also you may have been on a plateau so try eating something really bad for you, and see if that helps 'shock your metabolism' I know it sounds weird, but it may help.
  • kassied09
    Options
    I am not sure what else to say besides do not give up! Something is bound to happen if you keep living healthy. Switching up your routine may help lots, like others have said.
  • midnight8
    Options
    If u r coming from a lower calorie in take u might still be getting ur body back to normal. It took me a good month or two to loose weight. I was actually gaining, but now I'm in the green and decreasing. Stick with it and keep ur chin up, and before long u'll be loosing :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should definitely start eating more espeically if you're exercising more! Keep your body guessing how many calories you're going to take in daily by zigzagging your calories so that it doesn't burn the minimum amount of calories. If it thinks you're always going to eat 1200 then that's what it's prepared for. Mix it up a little :flowerforyou: That's what has worked best for me anyways...GOOD LUCK!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Try eating more calories a day. Up it to at least 1600 cals and see what happens.
  • domsim
    Options
    Thanks for all that! Just to clarify (sorry!) I do generally eat back my exercise calories, although sometimes only about half. So perhaps I should up that? It just feels wrong though!! Same as doing the indulging myself with a treat, although it does sound like a good excuse to have some of the treats I've been avoiding!