Keto

Options
Hello friends. Currently on the keto diet but struggling to lose the weight. The first time i did keto I lost 35 pounds quickly and unfortunately gained it back over the last 2 years. I was hoping i wouldn't have to track every single thing but since I'm fluctuating I think I have no choice but to. Anyone struggling with fluctuations and not being able to get under a certain weight? Do I need to exercise more? Cut more calories? I'll do whatever it takes to lose the weight.

Replies

• Rmofit3
    Rmofit3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Make sure and drink half your body weight in oz of water. Always helps me.
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell, it is literally only calories in vs calories out. If you aren't sure about how many calories are going in and out..........you definitely have to count them and then adjust accordingly. There is no easy fix.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,477 Member
    Options
    It is indeed all about CICO.

If you have a problem keeping up with Keto or don’t enjoy it, it’s not better than any other form of “dieting”. (I dislike that word because it implies a temporary state. You’ve already found for yourself that temporary doesn’t cut it”

You can lose weight simply weighing, logging and counting calories, still eating what you enjoy.

It doesn’t have to be as aggressive as “whatever it takes”. Slow, methodical, creating and retaining new habits.

As for fluctuations, well of course they happen. It’s just that we don’t expect them to happen and they catch us by surprise:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1
  • Ketomoijo
    Ketomoijo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell what your doing wrong if I can’t see your food intake ….

Check your macro balance is 75% fat 5% carbs 20% protein.

Only green veg and salad, (no root veg /veg that grows below ground) no fruit apart from maybe 8 berries a day.
    Around 3 litres water a day.
    No processed food.
    No rice no bread no pasta
    Use olive oils for cooking
    Full fat dairy (check butter is made from cows milk mainly)

If still not losing weight reduce diary 👍

If you do use sauces, herbs and spices and seasonings log them as they do have carbs too

Hope this helps
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I lost around 30-35 pounds with the Keto diet but I gained it all back because it was not sustainable for me. For me it was another diet with too many restrictions so it happened what it had to happen, one day I just dove my face into some sugary dessert and there was no going back. 7months ago I decided that I needed to do something and I started something different, I decided that I was not going to ban any food groups and I was not going to cook two different meals every day, one for me and one for my family. I feel so much better now, I don't think of food all the time. I just eat the foods I enjoy in sensible portions. I leave room for desserts most of the days. I lost 50 pounds so far and I feel that I can do this for ever. I still need to lose around 35 pounds but it's OK. I know I will lose it because I don't feel I am sacrificing anything.
    I know this is not what you asked, but I thought I would just tell you about my experience with keto. I wish the best on your journey whatever you decide to do.
  • joellej3202
    joellej3202 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the replies. I just started tracking today. So of course that could be why I keep going up and down. I have my macros set now and hopefully I'll start to see some changes soon. Much love to you all. ❤
  • adidas326
    adidas326 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been doing a keto diet for 5 weeks now. I feel like I am doing it right. Keeping net carbs below 40g. Exercising 4x a week for an hour and doing lots of walking. Drinking enough water and only only drinking water, teas and coffee. Using stevia instead of table sugar. So what am I doing wrong? I only lost 2 lbs. I am counting my calories and mindful of macros. Can anyone relate with not seeing the scale go down right away?
  • thisgirlcan38
    thisgirlcan38 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hey! Keto follower here. I'm a slow loser with heavy fat keto, so I add in more mediterranean elements and its made a big impact. Healthy carbs, lots of veggies and fats from olive oil and healthy sources.