MommaGemz - Losing the Moving Weight

Options
MommaGemz
MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
Hi all! It's my first day back at MFP... again. My family recently moved cross-country and it was a stressful, 2-month+ adventure. During that time we ate alot of fast food, take-out and restaurant food. Now we're settled into our temporary home and I need to get back into a routine to take care of myself. I've only ever truly been successful here of MFP, so I'm back. I'm not going to start tracking calories just yet. I'll start with mindfulness, observation, and portion control - along with getting in my daily steps (I want to work up to 10K again) and starting an exercise routine. I'm finally in the place I've wanted to be all my adult life, so now it's time to get healthy again!

Day 1 Weight - 188.3 (My goal weight is 155 but I see that as a very long term goal.)

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Wow! You’re busy! Good luck.
  • MommaGemz
    edited December 2021
    Options
    8:15am - Breakfast of eggs and potatoes with a little cheese and salsa
    For steps, I made printed out a spreadsheet to help breakup my daily steps into hourly goals. 1000 steps per hours for 10 hours - starting at 8am and ending at 6pm (so I can collapse and rest at the end of the day)
    11:30am Lunch - Turkey and Cheese sandwich
    2:30 - Snack - Carrots and ranch dressing
    5pm - Dinner of leftover shepherd's pie and a salad
    Made my 10K steps by 6pm 👍👍
    8pm - a glass of wine and popcorn with my husband
    I was pretty much hungry all day long, but I imagine it will take a few days to adjust to less snacking throughout the day
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Wow! You’re busy! Good luck.

Thank you so much! I'm finally at a place where I can take a breath so now I have some time and energy to focus on health 💖
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats on your move.
    Hope the book deal went well and look forward to see your progress here.
    I sent you a FR and an invite if you are interested.