Awesome Lower Abs?

Options
This post is specifically for women, especially women who have had children or women who have that "pooch" below their stomach. Do you know what I am talking about?? The area below your belly button that kind of hangs??? Who has this??? I would LOVE to hear from anyone who has this or has had this and NO LONGER HAS IT!?? IS IT POSSIBLE??? I am kind of in one of those funks, I feel like it will NEVER get better...Can I ever have a flat tummy again? Is it even possible?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I still have mine. The only way to get rid of it is to keep decreasing your body fat. For a lot of women, that's the last place to go. It will eventually go away, it just takes a lot of work.
  • janel814
    Options
    This post is specifically for women, especially women who have had children or women who have that "pooch" below their stomach. Do you know what I am talking about?? The area below your belly button that kind of hangs??? Who has this??? I would LOVE to hear from anyone who has this or has had this and NO LONGER HAS IT!?? IS IT POSSIBLE??? I am kind of in one of those funks, I feel like it will NEVER get better...Can I ever have a flat tummy again? Is it even possible?

Yes it is possible to get rid of it. I haven't lost it all but I can see a HUGE change. For me, it was upping the cardio, cutting out all drinks except water and green tea, and watching the types of carbs that I was intaking. I intergrated a few of the rules from clean eating and the flat belly diet. I also had a breast reduction but that may only made a difference in that I am able to really workout hard core without the worry of knocking myself out...LOL Hope this helps and good luck on your journey :-)
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Decreasing body fat... From what I understand, body fat % will need to be below 20% in order for abs to be visible. However, I am around 22-23% right now, and my obliques are starting to get visible when I flex, but not the 6 pack area yet, darn. I do 3 core conditioning classes a week, 2 spin classes and 2 yoga classes so I spend a lot of time trying to lose body fat and build muscle.

Best ab exercises for getting definition are bicycle and captain's chair, you can google those easily. Bicycle is easy to do at home, requires nothing but time and dedication :)

When i stand up I look like I have a flat tummy, but when I sit down, the mommy pooch still sits in my lap. I have resigned myself to always standing when at a party in a tight dress or in a bikini... Hopefully some others will give better advice that we can both use :)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I worry about the same thing. Unfortunately, what if it's loose skin and not just fat? I have reduced mine considerably with exercise, but am wary I will be able to have the flat stomach I had pre-pregnancy.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh really? Well I hope that I can make this go away. So watch my carbs and drinks? Does anynone else have any ideas? Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred from Jillian and seen a change in this?
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 kids ..my last one is 5 months old. I know what you're talking about. I call it mommy belly ..b/c 90% of women who have kids, has it. And it's frustrating and annoying..I've been eating healthy and doing turbo jam for about 3 months now and it has gone down ALOT! I don't know if its possible to ever really get rid of it b/c it's mostly just loose skin from being stretched out so much. But if you eat right and do alot of cardio you'll get rid of most of the belly fat. Hope it helps, and good luck! :smile:
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Well I really hope you are right! I don't understand how celebrities can do it? It must be possible! I had the "mommy belly" I feel so unsexy because of it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Well I really hope you are right! I don't understand how celebrities can do it? It must be possible! I had the "mommy belly" I feel so unsexy because of it.

Celebrities can afford lipo and personal chefs and personal trainers. ;) But it is possible for normal people to get rid of it without surgery. We just have to work a lot harder at it.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am wondering this also. I have lost weight by doing the flat belly diet along with the 30 Day Shred and 6-Week Six-pack workouts, but still haven't eliminated the pooch. I have lost about 6 inches off my waist, but would love to get my lower abs into better shape. Unfortunately it's the last place I lose weight, and the rest of me looks skinny compared to my stomach (especially my legs). =(
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    We can DO THIS! :) I hope LOL!!! I think it just takes a lot of work. I dislike celebrities! LOL I see other women who have had kids and they look great and I just don't understand why I have to be so different. BLAH, but that is okay. Less carbs and more cardio it is! OH AND WAY MORE WATER!!!
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    bump!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    here i an add on question that worrys me, is it even harder or impossible after C-section.
    I heard somethign that it is amost impossible , i am hoping not
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my son is 16 months old and I have a very tight stomach with abs! My stomach looks 10 times better than it ever did before I even got pregnant! Just do a lot of cardio and ab workouts. What really helped me are the videos on youtube called "8 minute abs" Do that every day and I swear it helps!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    here i an add on question that worrys me, is it even harder or impossible after C-section.
    I heard somethign that it is amost impossible , i am hoping not

After my first C-Section and losing weight (lost 40 lbs) my stomach was flat & I had a 4 pack. this is back when I had an amazing high metabolism body lol!

8 years later I had 2 more kids 2 more c-sections and the pooch is still there but I think it's possible for it to go away. I still have a WAYS to go.. but if you look at my pictures you can see the belly pooch :P