4 stones in 15 weeks

Options
vzta0kpapdwk.jpg

Hello all hopefully this might inspire someone. I decided enough was enough and take control of my life. A blood test revealed high cholesterol so I had to take drastic action.

I managed to lose 4 stones in 15 weeks (247 lbs to 191lbs). This is what worked for me:

- Calorie Counting. Aiming for 1400ish calories per day. Eating chicken, fruits, veg, wholemeal foods. Cut out fats, sweets, fizzy drunks etc
- Intermittent fasting 20hrs every day
- Gym 3/4 times a week. Cardio with HIIT on treadmill

And that's it. Kept it really simple. My mission now is to keep it off. My follow up blood test is a lot better but now I need to keep an eye on carbs.
Thanks

Replies

• urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • marysapia
    marysapia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s a lot of weight super fast . I’d be thrilled with a pound a week but I can’t even manage that. 😢 You must’ve been hungry all the time? How do you ignore the hunger panges? That’s my problem. I have no calories left and I’m still craving and I cave. Help!
  • dual313
    dual313 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    marysapia wrote: »
    That’s a lot of weight super fast . I’d be thrilled with a pound a week but I can’t even manage that. 😢 You must’ve been hungry all the time? How do you ignore the hunger panges? That’s my problem. I have no calories left and I’m still craving and I cave. Help!

The first few days was a challenge but then I just got used to it to be honest. As a Muslim I'm used to fasting in Ramadhan so that made it more manageable too.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    just be carefully... losing too fast will result in a larger % of your loss coming from lean muscle than if you lost at a slower rate. unless you are more than 100lbs over weight, you should not aim to lose more than 2 lbs/week. as you lost that rate of loss should slow to 0.5 lbs/week for the final 10 or so lbs
  • ehilgenberg21
    ehilgenberg21 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    marysapia wrote: »

Are your macros balanced? Not getting the right amounts of protein, carbs, and fat can really leave me feeling hungry or unsatisfied. Otherwise if you are having legitimate hunger pangs (not just bored, stressed, wanting to eat out of habit, etc.) then you should increase your calories. Being truly hungry all the time is unhealthy and not sustainable.
  • HRHJoDee
    HRHJoDee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The intermittent fasting really helps a lot, doesn't it? And you ate sensibly.
    What number was your total cholesterol at the start when you weighed 247 pounds? And where was it when you restested your blood at 15 weeks (191 pounds?)
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's a lot of weight! What you might want to look into is a Low Carb/High Fat diet. Eating fat helps keep your insulin levels down. Keeps the hunger feeling down too. There are a lot of Youtube videos out there to watch. It's working for me. I'm also intermittent fasting. But be warned, there a lot of "Old School Folks" out there who believe that a Low Carb diet is dangerous. I can't tell you how many times I've been lectured by well meaning folks. For the most part I'm secret about my weight loss. I don't like talking about how I'm doing it because it starts a discussion that a lot of people are not ready to discuss. I find it's really hard for me to talk about this diet with the medical profession. They haven't updated the classes taught in regards to nutrition. Great job, Keep up the good work.
  • drgeorgebrown
    drgeorgebrown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great work! I am on that mission now, and you have given me the inspiration. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!