Fashion Trends

Options
MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
Do you participate?
I'm a bit peeved that while I can now rock skinny jeans, they are out out OUT! Where were those wide-legged baggies 6 stone ago?!
I'm nothing near a fashionista - but I did just buy an oversized fuchsia sweater and glitzy green clutch to pretend I was paying attention. I might even dig out a denim jacket or two.
What about you? Where does you fashion sense lead you? What are you wearing these days? How would you describe your style?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I am so happy skinny jeans are out! Sick of it.
    They were in for how long? 12 years? I packed all my skinny pants in the basement. I am having a lot of fun with fashion trends these days.

Baggy jeans
    Bell bottoms
    LEATHER
    Bandana tops
    Pleated skirts
    Vests
    Platforms
    nz12p92yum3y.jpeg
    e7uxl815a3bu.jpeg
    gmb0rji2txzt.jpeg
    tuglx9ts9brj.jpeg
    b3a368m0r7c8.jpeg

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Pfff don’t get me started with the shoes and accessories. You’re going to make me online shop.

Anything from the 90s- early 2000s is my thing.
  • MsCzar
    Options
    OMG - I think I have those Adidas pants. Not really sure with what to pair them. Picked up a great pair of low slung bell bottoms today.
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Jeans are out! Leggings are in! :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy--lots of fashion here. However, I've learned to wear what I like and feel comfortable in. Fashion is big bucks. Changing it makes money.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have enough money now that I can get my pants and shirts custom-made by a small manufacturer in Honduras.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that higher-rise waists are coming back in style, now maybe my pants will stay up. I'm tall, I have a long rise, mid-rise and low-rise just didn't work very well for me. But I'm staying in the skinnies forevaaahhh dammit. I bought a couple of wider-leg dress pants this summer and they drive me crazy, flapping and wrapping around the other leg constantly when I walk. When I did my lunch walks I had to throw an elastic band around the bottoms (yes, transforming them into clown pants) so I could actually move my legs at a normal pace.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I'm so much not a fashionista that most of my shirts are white because that goes with everything.

I'm lucky enough not to have to dress up for work so I pretty much just wear pants/joggers I bought at Walmart and athletic shoes. Er...and said white shirts. :) Shorts (bermudaish) when it's hot out. NO ONE wants to see these legs. :)
  • MsCzar
    Options
    Frugal me loves the current trend of layering and topping outfits with oversized sweaters and blazers - AKA - my old fat clothes!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    One of the benefits of being older is that I no longer feel that pressure to be trendy or fashion-savvy, so I'm free to pick and choose whatever pleases ME.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I wear what I want and don't follow fashion trends.
    I abhor all 90s fashion, since I lived through it as a teenager. NO THANK YOU. Most of it is tacky, terrible and ill fitting unless you're tall-ish and thin. The rest of us were forced into wearing carpenter jeans, elephant pants and tacky oversized graphic tees, especially all of us who were overweight. Hard pass.
    If they made real bell-bottoms (not flare leg jeans, but actual bell-bottoms) for people my size, I would totally wear them, however, they would need to have a pretty long inseam (34") for me to wear them, so that's probably never going to happen.
    I've been looking for over a decade for decent bell-bottoms in my size and still haven't found a damned thing. The skinny jeans don't bother me (I find them comfortable and easy to coordinate with cute shoes, graphic tees or nice blouses).
    I am very much so a jeans/t-shirt gal. Or a skirt/blouse kinda lass. Most dresses don't fit my body without serious alteration (that's what happens when you're bottom is 10 inches wider than your breast measurement) and a lot of the really cute strapped clothes just fall off my shoulders no matter how I alter them to fit.
    Fashionista level of fashion is just beyond me. Too much time and money to spend on clothes I'll probably send to a thrift store in 2-5 years when they bore me. Also.. most of the "fashionable" stuff that goes for high dollar does not appeal to me in the slightest. The prints are ugly, the cuts are unflattering unless you're a very specific body type and alas, most of the cool shoes are never available (or even made) in my size.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Jeans/tees/sweaters all the way. Nothing fashionable or trendy. I've always been a simple gal. I'm not sure if that's due to simple tastes or fashion ignorance. :) Everything I've ever tried on that's supposed to be trendy or fashionable, just did not feel like me. Comfort is my key fashion word.

And don't even get me started on footwear. :( With my size feet, I'm lucky to find the basics in a store. I refuse to buy things like that online because I know I'd be returning them all.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Jeans/tees/sweaters all the way. Nothing fashionable or trendy. I've always been a simple gal. I'm not sure if that's due to simple tastes or fashion ignorance. :) Everything I've ever tried on that's supposed to be trendy or fashionable, just did not feel like me. Comfort is my key fashion word.

And don't even get me started on footwear. :( With my size feet, I'm lucky to find the basics in a store. I refuse to buy things like that online because I know I'd be returning them all.

Ah, someone else knows my pain. Finding shoes in my size is a hassle in store as well. Even worse is when you attach the W (wide) label to whatever size you are. I have almost no choice but to special order at a shoe store or take my chances online.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm a dude living in NM where fashion doesn't matter. I buy 99% of my clothing at Costco...so pretty much whatever they have is my fashion.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’ve been fully embracing the resurfacing of my high school era fashion. Except the low rise because that’s not for my body type. I’ll be glad when crop tops are out of style. Sick if seeing a cute shirt but it’s cropped. 😭😤

Every time I think I’m being original in fashion I’ll eventually realize that I’m actually a slave to the trends.