What's next after C25K?

I finished the program last night, so now what?

I really have no running program to follow so I am not sure what to do now. To those who've finished, what did you do after? Did you get a running program to follow? Did you start the C210K next? Ideas please?

Replies

• healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    a) Congrats!
    b) Bridge to 10K ~~> then Half marathon ~~~> then MARATHON!!!!
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Look up the bridge to 10k program. It will double your mileage in 6 weeks. Or just keep running your 3 miles 3 days a week and work at your own pace to get faster or build mileage. Running is a sport where you are in control of what you want to accomplish :)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I would as well like to know. I did not do the C25K but I started at running a 1/2 mile and am up to a 5k now... and would not like to know what to do!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I'd like to know too. I finished it months ago and thought about doing the c210k, then thought about going and starting the c25k over so I could do it faster. But, I started the 30 day shred and then joined a gym for a bit. It was a 90 day trial. I then started a new job so I stopped going to the gym.

Now I need a goal.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I never have done any specific "program", but I would say, now that you're off the couch and outside, enjoy it and keep pushing! I maintain it is much more enjoyable to be outside and living life than stuck on a couch or in a gym.

congrats!

blessings.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    a) Congrats!
    b) Bridge to 10K ~~> then Half marathon ~~~> then MARATHON!!!!

I didn't know about this.
    It has been about 4 months since I ran a 5k. I have been still doing my elliptical and I run a mile or so every now and then. Do you think I should start the c25k over again or just start the bridge to 10k? Maybe start at week 5 or 6 of the c25k, then bridge?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    don't box yourself in! presumably running was new for you (or at least you hadn't done it in a while). Look what you've accomplished by trying something new . . . this could be a stepping stone to even more activities -- biking, hiking, swimming, canoeing, surfing, SUPing? Lots of great stuff to do outside -- get fit AND enjoy the sunshine.

blessings.
  • Thank you everyone! Excellent suggestions!