Calories in Mini Meatballs???

Options
I went shopping ealier and (went hungy - BIG mistake) well I picked up 7 mini kofta (i think?) meatballs from the freshly cooked ready to eat indian & chicken section and some giant onion bhajis (YUM!).

Well I got them home and decided I'd wait to see how my day goes before I eat them but theres no calories on the packet and nothing on the site. Tried having a google and nothings come up - shall I bin them?

I shopped at asda, and as far as I'm aware meatballs are quite high in calories but I didn't think 7 small ones would be too bad?

Anyone got any ideas, rough estimiates or a way to find out?!

Thanks!

Replies

• Page2777
    Options
    I googled it and this is what i came up with hope it helps give you a rough idea but please dont throw them away everyone is entitled to a treat

How many Calories in Lamb koftas?
    277 Cals per 100g
    Lamb koftas also contains:

9.7 g of carbohydrates,
    24.0 grams of protein,
    16.2 grams of fat and
    126.9 mg of cholesterol
    per 100g serving.

Onion Bhaji, Indian Starter Selection, Marks & Spencer
    Calories in 100g of onion bhaji
    Calories 295.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 15.8g
    Protein 5.7g
    Fat 23.3g
    Fibre 2.8g
    Calories in an onion bhaji (22g): 65kcal
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    I haven't got weighing scales so idk what they weigh. They don't even put THAT on the bag. How pointless! If Mcdonalds can do it why can't asda!

But thanks for trying for me
  • chubba10000
    Options
    We've got some Trader Joe's mini meatballs, made mainly of beef & pork, which are a little under an inch in diameter. 6 of them are 85g and 210 cals, of which 14g fat, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 440mg sodium. Lamb might be marginally less fatty but not necessarily.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    100g is about the same as 3.5 ounces. Just go find something that weights about that much and compare. Don't have to be precise. The caloric content is off by as much as 20% on everything we get anyway.