Free Pizza.....

Options
A free pizza lunch does not motivate me or make me feel appreciated, that pretty much went out the window with my baseball career at age 12. It keeps me pinned to my desk, talking to people that I’d rather not, and the pizza is always cold anyway.Not to mention, it's not exactly a healthy choice....

Thoughts?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    A free pizza lunch does not motivate me or make me feel appreciated, that pretty much went out the window with my baseball career at age 12. It keeps me pinned to my desk, talking to people that I’d rather not, and the pizza is always cold anyway.Not to mention, it's not exactly a healthy choice....

Thoughts?

I assume this is from your company you work for?

Consider it a nice gesture on their part. They have to try to please everyone, and they're doing it for you for free.

A simple thanks but no thanks.
  • rabbit99_47203
    Options
    eww cold pizza. I love pizza but it doesn't love me. I will eat it again but if I do know I know it will set me back and I'd rather lose more than I want a slice. I'd pass.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I know the feeling! but prior to starting MFP, I would usually just get the dinner plate and bring it back to my office and chow down. We haven't had an appreciate dinner in quite a while though.. If we were to have Pizza I would probably just grab a few and head back to my office, reducing the temptation to get more, and avoiding co-workers at the same time.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Did they say you weren't allowed to take a lunch break if they brought you pizza? Probably not.

Eat your slice of free pizza, or chose not to, then go outside for a breath of fresh air and thank your lucky stars you have a job.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    LMAO oh yeah PIZZA PARTYYYYYY! Quit working in about 5th grade.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Tell them you have lunch plans.

Sheesh.

It's not rocket science.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The leadership team in my department brought in a ton of doughnuts today.

At least pizza has some nutrtional value, and isn't just sugar and fat!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    LOL...it's that way here too.....and...it's never even from a good Pizza place....but as someone else said, it's a nice gesture. Funny thing is, those making the decisions here generally are health conscious, so we have managed to get Subway or other things sometimes that include healthier options. One thing we have done, when we know a "pizza" event is coming, is ask if we can have an alternative if it is in the same price range....then we call for discount, look for coupons, anything. And, feedback to us is that they appreciate our input and it's always been well received.
  • kshoemaker02
    Options
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/potential-employee-uprising-quelled-with-free-pizz,2441/

One of my favorite Onion articles because it reminds me so much of where I work.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Totally understand where you're coming from. I think they're going for the gesture. You should see the stuff they bring in or cook here. It's non stop boudin, hot links, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, etc... I've said, "No, thank you." so many times that they don't even ask me if I want it anymore :smile:
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not motivation for me either. Neither is being able to wear jeans on Saturday. Like others have said "can't please everyone". Ahhh....just look at it this way, they are gaining the pounds you are wanting to lose ;) I have even considered taking deserts in to work just to let everyone else chow down. LOL!
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

I unfortuntely never outgrew my love for pizza. So if someone wanted to throw ma pizza party I'd love it haha. Unfortunately, as you say, it isn't that healthy...so these days that wins out. I wish like you, I stopped caring about free pizza when I was 12! ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We got a new senior credit officer who provided lunch in the executive dining room. I was worried there might not be much I could eat, except salad, so I brought my own dressing and made the best of it. I personally would have preferred a half day off, as we were away from our desks for almost four hours, but whatever...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    cold pizza was the best in college when you're hung over in the morning. now when they do a pizza lunch at work to "celebrate success" i ask if they can order a whole wheat one.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    So, was your job on the line if you didnt partake?

Really... good Lord people amaze me.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/potential-employee-uprising-quelled-with-free-pizz,2441/

One of my favorite Onion articles because it reminds me so much of where I work.

Hehe!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I swear someone I know could have wrote this....lol. And the rest of you, give me a break. Aren't I allowed to do some sarcastic complaining.....lighten up buttercup(s).

:drinker: