First NSV? :-S

Options
ShazMc73
ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
I just went to the supermarket and bumped into a guy I know, former national rugby player, still ridiculously good looking, body to die for, you know the type. He has not seen me in a long time, and not since I started losing my weight. He looked at me, looked away, looked again, then eventually came over and said "wow, you are looking like your old self again" - now, 10 years ago I used to train with the rugby guys and he used to hit on me all the time but back then I was busy dating a tennis player (haha!). Anyway; I took his comment as a huge compliment! Feeling good, pep in my step I headed to the car and to hear a voice saying, wow now you are a gorgeous woman, sexy too bad!! I reluctanctly turned around there there was a vagrant, toothless, grinning, looking quite pleased with well me... is it wrong that I would rather NOT have that compliment come my way (shudder)? Ahhhh life in the tropics!!

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Just pretend your Rugby friend was a Master of DIsguice and changed into the toothless vagrant so he could openly compliment you without being revealed! Awesome boost though! Congrats! :-)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I bet you are on top of the world .... now take those compliments no matter who they come from and let it inflate your desire to keep moving forward. That vigrant all fixed up could be a prince charming in disguise (probably not... but just in case).... now let me add... Proud of you! High Five and a little booty shake for good measure. :drinker:
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Love it...guys can be such tools though lol

Its a great NSV for you but not a very gracious way for a guy to say it. At least not the way he said it.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    How does that old saying go? Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince??!! LOL

Well done, you should be proud of yourself!
  • Kity4kits
    Options
    whats NSV?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!