30ds kicked my booty!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 10 of Level 1, on to Level 2 tonight. I'm 220 lbs, and I managed to do it for all 10 days straight. I know it's hard, and those first few days.. it's even hard to stand up, but if you push yourself through and don't take breaks, you'll see you quickly recover and it'll be SO worth it! I can't believe how much stronger I am after just 10 days, I can't wait to finish the rest and see what it does for me. I lost 3.4 lbs in the 1st 10 days... I'm waiting on my inches until the end. Good luck to you and if you need support feel free to add me! :)

Thank you so much, you give me hope :) I am scared to see what level two and three are like. I should buy a measuring tape and find out my inches.... anyone that is doing the 30 day shred are you following your normal diet and calorie restriction or are you using jillians diet?

I'm just following my MFP plan, my diary is open if you'd like to check it out :) I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, and always stay under my calorie allotment. I do allow myself to go over my 1200 set goal because of my exercise cals, but I don't eat them all back. Hope this helps and like I said above, please let me know if you need any help!
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    Omg! The first day I did it I thought I was going to die! But after the second day it got better but then I ended up taking a break from it and I have to re-introduce myself with it again. I plan on starting it again this weekend. Pray for me,lol!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, you give me hope :) I am scared to see what level two and three are like. I should buy a measuring tape and find out my inches.... anyone that is doing the 30 day shred are you following your normal diet and calorie restriction or are you using jillians diet?

Definitely get a measuring tape to check your inches. Take pictures too. I did the 30DS about a year ago (starting up again on Monday), and lost 0 pounds. Not a single one. I did lose 3 inches off my waist in the first 2 weeks, though. If you look through the success threads for this workout, this is a pretty common result - few pounds lost, but major inches, and the pictures prove the effectiveness.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    what's 30day shred? srry, never heard it b4..
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level one day 4 ( i had to take yesterday off due to puking, the jumping with a irritated stomach just dosent' work) I still can't do all the cardio. i was amazed that I cannot do 30 seconds of butt kicks.....I end up marching my the end to keep moving. MY first 3 days were SO sore, after taking yesterday off and doing it this morning, i'm not near as sore, and i'm beginning to notice my endurance go up.........its definatly killer.
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was the SAME way last night. I literally was out of breath and felt like just keeling over during the jumping jacks and butt kicks. I guess it shattered my belief that I was still in shape after not working out for so long. It was a killer beginning work out but I'm sure it will be worth it!
  • thinkthin13
    thinkthin13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so excited and scared, I am starting Monday! Where is the best place to see before and after pics?

I think there are several of us that are starting on Monday, please feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • kate8085
    Options
    I just did my 30th workout this morning. The first 4 days SUCK! hahaha. Once you get into the 5th day and the soreness subsides, you start to really kick some butt. Here is where I posted my results if you want to see them.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345432-i-did-it-30ds-b-a-pics

You can do it!!!!! Keep going!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Doing the whole thing on the first day is a HUGE accomplishment! By day 5 or so, you will definitely see an improvement in what you can do. Keep it up - it is SO worth it!!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    question... Did you find it better or "more appealing" to mute the tape and play your own music? random chatter has recommended this. Just poking around for opinions. I'm starting my 30ds tomorrow.

Also, i'm hoping to not miss any days but I'm going on a mini vacation end of this week? Maybe i should use these couple days to get familiar with the workout and then start my "day counting" when I return on early Tuesday morning?
  • Jessicaallen48
    Options
    I start 30DS tomorrow as well. :) Good luck. We can do it!!